The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No, not all super hot or very good looking guys are lying scumbags.

Many sexually attractive guys are openly non-monogomous and always clear that they are only interested in hookups, fwb or polyamory.
I've dated a few very good looking guys who didn't get sexually involved with third parties, were always honest and never told me any lies during the relationship but had strong religious leanings or overbearing mothers.
The problem with dating super hot guys is that they often have very high standards, a short attention span or unreasonable personalities behind the charm & looks.
Not necessarily. I've dated some fugly mo-fo's who were disloyal. If a very very good looking man is single though, in my opinion (experience), there could be many reasons.

They want to be single
They've just come out of prison
They are narcissistic (research it if ya don't know)
They've been dumped and are on the rebound

Yes, this can apply to anyone!
Reply 3
Nope
Way to generalise...If someone lacks character that will be regardless of their appearance.
LOL.

'I feel like most women with an attractiveness level of mediocre or above are unfaithful because all they have to do is wake up, turn on their mobile phones or go outside and men throw themselves at these women. They have so many sexual opportunities, it's too easy for them to casually hook-up without anybody necessarily having to know and only a saint has the willpower to decline sexual advances from somebody they find physically attractive. It's a part of them they want to hide from people because it would ruin their reputation.

Are all mediocre or hot women like this?'

Absolutely no flaws in this argument...
Original post by Anonymous
LOL.

'I feel like most women with an attractiveness level of mediocre or above are unfaithful because all they have to do is wake up, turn on their mobile phones or go outside and men throw themselves at these women. They have so many sexual opportunities, it's too easy for them to casually hook-up without anybody necessarily having to know and only a saint has the willpower to decline sexual advances from somebody they find physically attractive. It's a part of them they want to hide from people because it would ruin their reputation.

Are all mediocre or hot women like this?'

Absolutely no flaws in this argument...

Sometimes even below mediocre lol, they just have to exist and men will flock to them

Everything you said is true, but some women have different morals and wouldn’t do hook ups, even with someone they found attractive.
Good looking men will have the pick of the bunch, so why would they stay loyal to one woman? Remember, in the animal kingdom one alpha male has a harem of women. Humans are part of the animal kingdom - if not for religion and societal rules this is how it would be.
Good looking men will have the pick of the bunch, so why would they stay loyal to one woman? Remember, in the animal kingdom one alpha male has a harem of women. Humans are part of the animal kingdom - if not for religion and societal rules this is how it would be.

Depends on upbringing my guy. Also some guys are demisexual and require an emotional connection with a girl to then want them in a romantic sense.
Reply 9
A lot of the time when you meet someone who is very very attractive, like a model basically, even though they are gentlemen, they are charming and they seem kind and caring, they turn out to be cheaters when you get to know them. It's a part of them they want to hide from people because it would ruin their reputation.

Are all attractive men like this?

"really attractive" men are magnets to our eyes partly because of their personalities. I think the type you're referring to are the charismatic, yet narcissistic men. According to the last main scene of the BBC's the Truth About Looking Good, these really attractive men will be partly attractive due to their personalities.

However, I do agree with @londonmyst, @FudgyPudgy, @Slx.24, and @(The Joker), in that this is a generalization to all attractive men out there. Plus, the same rule can apply to women and non-binary people too, not just men.

I think with any person, organization, or theory you come across, don't judge it by it's first impression. Some things are alluring at first, yet once you get up close you notice all the imperfections. Whereas, with others, the act of familiarizing yourself with it makes it another part of your complex jigsaw puzzle.
What has someones appearance have to do with their character
Reply 11
I kinda like the imperfections tho icl. Being perfect is so boring in my eyes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think people do have this impression with both attractive men and attractive women. Doesn't make it less wrong, though, typically it just smacks of jealousy. Replace "most" with "more likely" and you might have something more reasonable.
No I think a relationship only works if the girl is better looking than the guy. That's what I've noted anyways.
Reply 14
Original post by Qxi.xli
No I think a relationship only works if the girl is better looking than the guy. That's what I've noted anyways.

Quite true, in most cases anyways
A lot of the time when you meet someone who is very very attractive, like a model basically, even though they are gentlemen, they are charming and they seem kind and caring, they turn out to be cheaters when you get to know them. It's a part of them they want to hide from people because it would ruin their reputation.

Are all attractive men like this?

Turns out that when life spoils you, either through an over-privileged upbringing, or excessively good looks that provide the person with an abundance of dating options...

... this is more likely to happen.

Spoiled for choice, basically. Some people develop better looks as they mature in their late twenties, I don't think this applies to them as much. But if someone had 10/10 looks since being a young teenager and grew up with girls throwing themselves at him... I've made similar observations to you, for those types.

They just take other people for granted. Applies to girls too. Except the 'looks' tend to follow the opposite trend with age. Only difference. Which creates a real mess for those that think and act like they're hot sh*t when they're not remotely close to it, just because they were spoiled for choice with options when younger.

In both instances, male or female... they more often start developing depressive symptoms later in life because of their failure to hold down any meaningful relationship. Earlier for women, later for men. Sometimes never for men. Men are more impervious to this type of lifestyle, for reasons I don't feel like rambling on about.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by _gcx
I think people do have this impression with both attractive men and attractive women. Doesn't make it less wrong, though, typically it just smacks of jealousy. Replace "most" with "more likely" and you might have something more reasonable.

In my experience, it has been true. Literally all of the conventionally attractive guys I can think of, including my friends, are ''players'' and none of the less attractive/shy ones are (I mean, they probably couldn't be if they tried but those are the most loyal ones :dontknow: ).
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kovalensky
In my experience, it has been true. Literally all of the conventionally attractive guys I can think of, including my friends, are ''players'' and none of the less attractive/shy ones are (I mean, they probably couldn't be if they tried but those are the most loyal ones :dontknow: ).

It definitely makes sense that there would be a correlation. Being attractive can brew senses of entitlements & selfishness that can lead to cheating. I don't really think it's "most", self-obsessed people cheat and self-obsession isn't restricted to attractive ppl
Because super attractive men have lots of options, why would they stick with one?

That's the harsh truth.
Because super attractive men have lots of options, why would they stick with one?

"Options" is the wrong word to use if they're indiscriminately wolfing down the entire smorgasbord.

Latest

Trending

Trending