The Student Room Group

someone mark my GCSE Macbeth essay pls

My Macbeth essay is down below pls someone mark it and grade it also give me improvements thanks
Write about the presentation of Macbeths character throughout the play (25)

Macbeth a tragedy play was performed in 1606 which is a morally disguised play confides Macbeth as a ambitious and vile person throughout the play in many ways. Corruption and guilt of Macbeth is shown to depict his personality to see how “brave Macbeth” is changing throughout the play shown by his atrocious actions and ways he tries to conceal his changes.

At the start of the play, Macbeth is evidently described as a loyal, honourable but high status solider who is easily deprived from his ambitious thinking as we immediately sees his corruption when he is doing anything Macbeth as the adjective sentence “vaulting ambition” connotes how satisfied and great it is for him to manage refine his ambition at the start with the “weird sisters” as he turns his humanity to becoming consumed as he starts to have conscience in himself. The horrendous adjective “vaulting” describes how his ambition becomes worse as he starts to have desires for power. As many people in the late 16’s century were part of doing evil acts to become hero’s as this juxtaposes how Macbeth is described at the very start of the play. Audience will feel that Macbeth is admired by his actions as we see him as a brave solider sacrificing himself for his own country.

Further on we evoke Macbeths straightforward soliloquy as he creates uncertainty and confusion using complex sentences at the start of his speech “is this a dagger which I see before me” shows the rhetorical question that he is decisive and depicts the resolution Macbeth is trying to kill King Duncan to show his regicide which wouldn’t be encouraged by the audience too. As this captures when King James had regicide brought to him so he ensured to give an important message to society at the time telling him about his disapproval of it as unlike Macbeth no one would dream about committing a crime as such because its committing a crime against God. The imaginary “dagger” shows the noun is a metaphorical word to him becoming conscience of having violence as this highlights How Macbeth has a sense of military duty to ensure he contemplates his actions in becoming more heroic just like further down the play. Audience will reflect how Macbeth is obliging to the witch’s prophecies
Additionally, we are shown to see Macbeth is callous and dependent on his disguise of erupting his ambition to become worse as he is impatient to achieve his goals as Lady Macbeth is serving Macbeth some help as the image “wash this filthy witness from your hands” suggests the dramatic irony depicts how Lady Macbeth is seeing him mentally detioriating as he starts to confuse himself to as he sees blood-like evidence to show that he’s conscience isn’t right because of what he has done. The adjective “Filthy” refers to the how murderous he is so he would “wash” his hands so he doesn’t get seen by anyone else. Like Macbeth others would have copied and traced the blood on their hands to show how they killed innocent enemy’s in a war-like atmosphere. As this will make the Audience uncomfortable at the way Macbeth is handling the situation of him becoming more remorseful of his ambition.

On the other hand, we again repeatedly see Macbeth committing the tedious crime as we see a symbolic means of guilt of not acting on his ambitions as such as he states “Will all great Neptune's ocean wash with blood clean from my hands” metaphorically humiliates how he realises the gravity of his actions as the image “blood” is shown to be psychologically stained but is an everlasting stain that can never be removed from his bodily skin. As the washing of blood has a definite religious connotation as in the past Pontius Pilate washed his hands after killing Christ but then ultimately regretted it unlike how Macbeth had no doubt about anything in what he has done so audience will feel astonished as he is being described as a decisive solider who only cares what he only thinks and not others as he starts to confide to himself.
Moreover, as Macbeth is still see as ambition character he is still elevating the ways he accumulates in what he does in order to fulfil his goals as he starts to be confused in how to kill the king ”O, horror , horror , horror” as the horrendous repetition clarifies Macduff’s reaction a raw grief of the King murder as Macbeth is carried to be seen in disbelief of doing a bad deed as the adjective “horror” immediately shows how Macbeth is toxic and has been ruined with disdain emotions in himself. As this shows how he reflects what is to make him not adore to the rules to become successful and so makes the audience think as it will traumatise them because they would think that Macbeth turned away of being a “brave” warrior to nothing as he has done a callous thing.

Further on in the middle of the play, we clearly see Macbeth is being grasped by guilt and remorse as he starts to disclose his kingship in order for him to become a higher status “full of scorpions is my mind” is metaphorically shown to suggest he has a fear of guilt not being maintained properly as such as he doesn’t show the other characters. But also, reflects how Macbe
th is overprotective of having a better ambition through many ways. The image “scorpions” obscurely shows how evil but lethal his feelings are to others in Banquo’s and Macduff’s family as he evidently craves for his needs to kill others. People in the olden days may be prone to having mixed emotions in doing evil acts. Audience will feel cold-hearted as Macbeth is negatively turned his ways badly as he starts to overthink loads.
Also, Macbeth is not reluctant to change his ways as the atmosphere turns bad to worse as he becomes in a chaotic situation as he datively is very quick at unease as he starts to dwell on losing the crown from Banquo as he has a sense of guilt “gory locks” as the metaphor depicts he is badly comforted by himself as he starts to become aware of his surroundings. The verb “locks” again shows how he emphasises his luck to become fasten tightly as if no one could steal from him. This also shows he would not compete for his ambitions because he is being corrupted and so Banquo will gather his guilt within his actions. Also the imagery “gory” again highlights how bloodstained the locks would be like a sharp knife had covered it. As this may refer to a strong guard protecting other people from not being harmed whom are in war as the audience may feel devastated at how Macbeth is humiliating himself just to cover himself to become stronger.

At the very end of the play, Macbeth regains his own bravery but not enough is gained as he is aware he is no longer knows what his luxuries are of means of anything “dead butcher” metaphorically highlights how MacDuff describes him a
s the unusual noun “butcher” shows he is a ruthless murderer who had killed others multiple times. Women and men in the 16th century were at hard work and had no time to give up on their ambition to not stop working as this traces how Macbeth is the opposite at the very end of the play. As the makes the audience to feel devastated they immediately think he’s a devil killer with no remorse or guilt as he is clearly changed and may not show any emotions of what he is feeling (Macbeth).

Overall, Macbeth is forced to become ambitious at start as he is slowly revealing how corrupts and evil he becomes through his actions as he starts to plan his ways of killing or doing things. But also Macbeth uses a cyclical structure throughout the play to only serve his only rights to show that Macbeth is a murder not a heroic character he is shown to be realistically. But also sees his ways to be right and not to retain other people’s ways of his actions through ambition and goals he wants to be successful in him becoming more confident in himself.
bumppp
Original post by anon1830486
bumppp

Please do not bump your thread so quickly. Be patient.

I got a grade 8 in English Literature so I can give you some advice. Give me a few minutes. :smile:
bumppp

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7004924

I have found a thread that looks very similar to the essay you have written...
(edited 2 years ago)
People in the olden days

don't write "olden days", it is quite informal.
Reply 6
Hey - thought I would provide a course which can help you with the top grades with Macbeth and GCSE English Lit in general. It can be challenging. I would recommend getting some suggestions and tips from an online course. For as little as 20 pounds, you can get ideas of what Grade 9 ideas, quotations and explanations look like - of course you shouldn't copy them at all.
A course I recommend is:

>>> go to the website: bytesofintelligence dot co dot uk
>>> go to the All Courses page at the top
>>> Click on the Macbeth course and buy the 20 pound course (trust me, it is worth it!!)

Hopefully that helps and let me know how it goes

My Macbeth essay is down below pls someone mark it and grade it also give me improvements thanks
The entire opening paragraph is beyond redemption.

Quick Reply

Latest