The Student Room Group

From where do you get water?

I'm new to the UK and I have problem with buying water. I love water I drink a bottle everyday. But I'm sick of buying big water bottles every week or so. How people here drink water? I never noticed anyone buying a huge amount of water bottles in the supermarkets like me.
I collect dew from leaves
Original post by CoolCavy
I collect dew from leaves

I squeeze mine from dung.
Original post by Admit-One
I squeeze mine from dung.

How... moist :fan:
Move to Scotland. The water doesn't taste like bog juice here.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
From the tap. But if you’re one of those picky people that hate drinking tap water then boil it and put in a bottle then put in the fridge
I chug tap water.
I have a filter jug I fill with tap water and keep in the fridge.
Reply 8
I open my mouth when it rains.
(It rains a lot ofc so I'm okay)
(edited 2 years ago)
I collect my piss and use a filter to get clean water
Original post by Anonymous
I'm new to the UK and I have problem with buying water. I love water I drink a bottle everyday. But I'm sick of buying big water bottles every week or so. How people here drink water? I never noticed anyone buying a huge amount of water bottles in the supermarkets like me.

The water in taps in the UK is drinking water unless explicitly labelled otherwise. We don't routinely buy bottled water, except perhaps when travelling, planning sports etc. Even then, we are encouraged not to buy water wrapped in plastic, but to use reusable bottles which you can then fill with tap water.

Buying huge bottles kind of marks you out as a someone from overseas with a different experience of household water supplies.

You can of course mock us for having separate hot and cold taps and not using mixer taps, but at least the water is potable! (drinkable)
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous

tap water
I'm not some peasant. I drink dihydrogen monoxide - not water.
Tap water, unlike the country you're from our water is safe and drinkable.
Sometimes you can get cheapish brand name water at home bargains or similar shops with bargain related names.

Mostly people just drink tap water in the UK though

Quick Reply