The Student Room Group

Would it be easier to agree or disagree for this statement for a speech pls helppp

All children, from ages of 11 to 16, should be made to take part in work experience that helps to serve their community.
I reckon it would be easier to agree

That being said, in reality, I disagree
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Jonathanツ
I reckon it would be easier to agree

That being said, in reality, I disagree

but is there any evidence/stats for agree tho
When discussing, you should never 100% agree or disagree. I disagree, but can see some benefits.
But if this is for some sort of GCSE English question then just make a quick list of all the 'for' and 'against' points you can possibly think of

Then just choose whether you agree or disagree depending on which column you have more points for (or just feel more confidently talking about)
Reply 5
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
When discussing, you should never 100% agree or disagree. I disagree, but can see some benefits.

its for english gcse so you have to be 100% disagreee or agree
Reply 6
Original post by Jonathanツ
But if this is for some sort of GCSE English question then just make a quick list of all the 'for' and 'against' points you can possibly think of

Then just choose whether you agree or disagree depending on which column you have more points for (or just feel more confidently talking about)

nah but like there is more evidence for disagree like stats of ofsted and lockdowns but I'm leaning towards agree but no stats for that tho :frown:
I’d say it would be easier to argue agree tbh

But what are your initial thoughts on it?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by GabiAbi84
I’d say it would be easier to argue agree tbh

But what are your initial thoughts on it?

nah but like there is more evidence for disagree like stats of ofsted and lockdowns seeing as children missed school so why would serving the community help but I'm leaning towards agree but no stats for that tho
Reply 9
BUMPPP
Original post by Anonymous
nah but like there is more evidence for disagree like stats of ofsted and lockdowns seeing as children missed school so why would serving the community help but I'm leaning towards agree but no stats for that tho

Fine, if you think it’s easier to argue disagree do that then. Don’t know why you asked in that case though 🤷🏼*♀️
Original post by GabiAbi84
Fine, if you think it’s easier to argue disagree do that then. Don’t know why you asked in that case though 🤷🏼*♀️

but I'm leaning towards agreeing but theres no stats for that
I'm not passionate about disagree
Original post by Anonymous
but I'm leaning towards agreeing but theres no stats for that
I'm not passionate about disagree

Then do more research and find evidence. There’s plenty of evidence to argue either way.
I'm so confused... you asked for advice and people gave it, but you then turned it all down. If you know what you want to do, just do it instead of making a thread to decide something that you've already decided.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending