The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick Clearing and Adjustment 2021

Is Warwick in clearing and adjustment this year? What subjects are people planning to apply there for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Clearing opens on the 5th of July but you’re more likely to find out on results day as by then Warwick will know how many spaces they have on a specific course
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Ten-Ten
Clearing opens on the 5th of July but you’re more likely to find out on results day as by then Warwick will know how many spaces they have on a specific course

Thank for replying. I got five university offers with Leeds, Reading, Kent, Sheffield and Lancaster. I want to apply to Warwick prob through adjustment cause Warwick is such a great uni great Econ department and is targeted by banks etc...
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank for replying. I got five university offers with Leeds, Reading, Kent, Sheffield and Lancaster. I want to apply to Warwick prob through adjustment cause Warwick is such a great uni great Econ department and is targeted by banks etc...

I get you, I want to apply to Kings through adjustment as it’s the best in England for business (according to the league table I looked at). I think it’s harder this year as there is a possibility of grade inflation so clearing and adjustment spaces may be lower but we truly only find out on results day
Reply 4
Original post by Ten-Ten
I get you, I want to apply to Kings through adjustment as it’s the best in England for business (according to the league table I looked at). I think it’s harder this year as there is a possibility of grade inflation so clearing and adjustment spaces may be lower but we truly only find out on results day

Yh kings college London is good for business I think its 6th on the complete university guide it used to be 2nd last year idk why it dropped so much. KCl, UCl, LSE and imperial are great London unis.
Reply 5
Yh kings college London is good for business I think its 6th on the complete university guide it used to be 2nd last year idk why it dropped so much. KCl, UCl, LSE and imperial are great London unis.

Yeah. I would have applied the first time but my predicted grades did not meet the requirements

Hey I’m also considering looking at Warwick clearing. You should know though that Warwick econ is never in clearing, however that joint honours econ + a language often is and EPP was in clearing last year ( only before results day).
Reply 7
Hey I’m also considering looking at Warwick clearing. You should know though that Warwick econ is never in clearing, however that joint honours econ + a language often is and EPP was in clearing last year ( only before results day).

Hi! Is PPE joint honours in clearing usually? or Economics and politics?
Hi! Is PPE joint honours in clearing usually? or Economics and politics?

PPE is one of Warwick’s most competitive courses so no. Warwick doesn’t offer economics and politics as an entry option, those who study it there go on the PPE course and then drop philosophy after a year. If you do gain grades strong enough to be eligible for PPE/Econ admissions at Warwick, I would recommend taking a gap year and applying for only target unis next year. Otherwise EPP may be your best bet (even though it’s A*AA it isn’t very competitive, and would likely accept lower grades in clearing, as Warwick is the only uni that teaches it and as such receives very few applicants)
Reply 9
PPE is one of Warwick’s most competitive courses so no. Warwick doesn’t offer economics and politics as an entry option, those who study it there go on the PPE course and then drop philosophy after a year. If you do gain grades strong enough to be eligible for PPE/Econ admissions at Warwick, I would recommend taking a gap year and applying for only target unis next year. Otherwise EPP may be your best bet (even though it’s A*AA it isn’t very competitive, and would likely accept lower grades in clearing, as Warwick is the only uni that teaches it and as such receives very few applicants)

Yh in terms of my grades if will prob get a distinction* in business studies which is equivalent to an A* and an A in economics and Spanish. I think A*AA is good enough to get into PPE Warwick, so what I might do is do Spanish and economics for first year through clearing at Warwick then switching for a three year PPE course do you think that is possible.
Yh in terms of my grades if will prob get a distinction* in business studies which is equivalent to an A* and an A in economics and Spanish. I think A*AA is good enough to get into PPE Warwick, so what I might do is do Spanish and economics for first year through clearing at Warwick then switching for a three year PPE course do you think that is possible.

From what I hear Warwick is fairly flexible on changing once you get there but don’t rely on it. The major banks will value both of those degrees relatively equally so you wouldn’t necessarily even need to change. In fact fluency in a second language can be a major asset if you’re trying to get a front office sales position

I think a distinction * is equivalent to a B/C in a level
A1C6DB44-38C0-4969-91F2-F21DF51C5B2E.jpeg
Original post by Ten-Ten

I do BTEC extended certificate and a Distinction* in that equals 56 UCAS points which has the same UCAS Points as an A* in A level.
Original post by Ten-Ten

Use the UCAS calculator if you want:

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

The course is called BTEC level 3 National extended certificate ( first teaching from September 2016)
Use the UCAS calculator if you want:

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

The course is called BTEC level 3 National extended certificate ( first teaching from September 2016)

I’m not doing btec. Just wanted to make sure you don’t have the wrong information which you don’t
Original post by Ten-Ten
I’m not doing btec. Just wanted to make sure you don’t have the wrong information which you don’t

This our the courses that where advertised on Ucas clearing on results day in 2020 Warwick.
(Clearing - 13 August 2020, live after 8am when the hotline opened)
Course title
Ancient History and Classical Archaeology BA
Ancient History and Classical Archaeology with Study in Europe BA Automotive Engineering BEng
Automotive Engineering MEng
Biomedical Systems Engineering BEng
Biomedical Systems Engineering MEng Chemistry BSc
Chemistry MChem
Chemistry with Industrial Placement Mchem Chemistry with International Placement Mchem Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry BSc Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry Mchem Civil Engineering BEng
Civil Engineering MEng
Classical Civilisation BA
Classical Civilisation with Study in Europe BA
Classics (Ancient Greek) with Study in Europe BA
Classics (Latin) with Study in Europe BA
Classics and English BA
Classics BA
Digital Healthcare Science BSc
Economics, Psychology and Philosophy (EPP) BA or BSc Education Studies and Global Sustainable Development BASc Education Studies BA
Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng
Electrical and Electronic Engineering MEng
Electronic Engineering BEng
Electronic Engineering MEng
Engineering BEng
Engineering Business Management BEng
Engineering MEng
English and French BA
English and German BA
English and Hispanic Studies BA
English and History BA
English and Italian BA
English and Theatre Studies BA
English Language and Linguistics with Intercalated Year BA English Literature BA
French and German BA
French and History BA
French and Italian BA
French and Linguistics BA
French and Theatre Studies BA
French Studies BA
French with Arabic BA
French with Chinese BA

None of the courses on clearing last year interest me. Are the courses on adjustment the same as those on clearing? so I'm prob just going to go to Leeds to study Economics and Finance for first year and apply to five good universities again through UCAS and do another 3 years : Warwick( PPE),Durham( PPE), KCL( PPE or political economy) and LSE ( economics history) all of this universities are decent either targets or semi targets. What do you think of my plan?
This our the courses that where advertised on Ucas clearing on results day in 2020 Warwick.
(Clearing - 13 August 2020, live after 8am when the hotline opened)
Course title
Ancient History and Classical Archaeology BA
Ancient History and Classical Archaeology with Study in Europe BA Automotive Engineering BEng
Automotive Engineering MEng
Biomedical Systems Engineering BEng
Biomedical Systems Engineering MEng Chemistry BSc
Chemistry MChem
Chemistry with Industrial Placement Mchem Chemistry with International Placement Mchem Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry BSc Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry Mchem Civil Engineering BEng
Civil Engineering MEng
Classical Civilisation BA
Classical Civilisation with Study in Europe BA
Classics (Ancient Greek) with Study in Europe BA
Classics (Latin) with Study in Europe BA
Classics and English BA
Classics BA
Digital Healthcare Science BSc
Economics, Psychology and Philosophy (EPP) BA or BSc Education Studies and Global Sustainable Development BASc Education Studies BA
Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng
Electrical and Electronic Engineering MEng
Electronic Engineering BEng
Electronic Engineering MEng
Engineering BEng
Engineering Business Management BEng
Engineering MEng
English and French BA
English and German BA
English and Hispanic Studies BA
English and History BA
English and Italian BA
English and Theatre Studies BA
English Language and Linguistics with Intercalated Year BA English Literature BA
French and German BA
French and History BA
French and Italian BA
French and Linguistics BA
French and Theatre Studies BA
French Studies BA
French with Arabic BA
French with Chinese BA

None of the courses on clearing last year interest me. Are the courses on adjustment the same as those on clearing? so I'm prob just going to go to Leeds to study Economics and Finance for first year and apply to five good universities again through UCAS and do another 3 years : Warwick( PPE),Durham( PPE), KCL( PPE or political economy) and LSE ( economics history) all of this universities are decent either targets or semi targets. What do you think of my plan?

Well those on clearing last year may not be the exact ones this year. But if they are then your plan would work. I think the courses on adjustment would be the same as the ones in clearing as adjustment is just you exceeding the grades of your firm choice so you have the chance to upgrade with the option of keeping your place. May not be entirely accurate but the gist of it
Will Mathematics and Philosophy be in clearing this year?
Will Warwick be adding more courses in clearing such as any economics courses or law
Will Warwick be adding more courses in clearing such as any economics courses or law

Nope, I just checked the courses on Ucas clearing there is no economics, pep etc.... If you want to get to Warwick for economics apply again through Ucas to start in 2022/2023.

Quick Reply

Latest