The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick clearing and Adjustment 2021

Is Warwick in clearing in 2021?
Check on their website or on the ucas course search for courses with vacancies when clearing opens.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Check on their website or on the ucas course search for courses with vacancies when clearing opens.

Yh Ucas clearing begins tomorrow 5th of July
Original post by Anonymous
Yh Ucas clearing begins tomorrow 5th of July

Lots of universities will have information on their website already
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Lots of universities will have information on their website already

Yh I looked at the complete university guide and Warwick is not on clearing at the moment which is a bit worriying.
Over 60% of Warwick's courses were in clearing last year. I wouldn't worry. Information should start appearing in the following weeks.
Yh I looked at the complete university guide and Warwick is not on clearing at the moment which is a bit worriying.

Why would you look there?

There are ONLY 2 places to find out information about clearing vacancies-
The university website https://warwick.ac.uk/study/results/clearing/ (have you signed up for their mailing list?)
And the ucas course search (103 courses with vacancies for English applicants at Warwick at the moment): https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?studyYear=2021&destination=Undergraduate&attendanceTypes=Full-time&providers=University%20of%20Warwick&qualifications=Bachelor%20degrees%20(with%20or%20without%20Honours)&qualifications=Masters%20degrees&vacancy=eng&entryPoint=1&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=1&sort=ProviderAtoZ&clearingPreference=None

NO other website will have better information than those 2 places.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Thank you, I have already signed to the Warwick clearing vacancies.
Reply 8
So my dd has firmed Warwick and obviously has to meet her offer. her course is on the clearing list with much lower grade requirements…. Does this mean if she misses her grades/offer but her grades are equal or higher to what they are offering clearing places at… that they are likely to accept her
Original post by Amp242
So my dd has firmed Warwick and obviously has to meet her offer. her course is on the clearing list with much lower grade requirements…. Does this mean if she misses her grades/offer but her grades are equal or higher to what they are offering clearing places at… that they are likely to accept her

Probably means that there'll be leniency. It means that they anticipate vacancies so will be taking on a lot of near misses.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by _gcx
Probably means that there'll be leniency. It means that they anticipate vacancies so will be taking on a lot of near misses.

Thanks. It surprised me how low the clearing grades are tbh.. offer is A*AA (which dd should achieve) clearing grades are BBB 😱
Original post by _gcx

Hi,
I have looked on the Warwick website and have seen the courses that are in clearing. I dont intend on going through clearing but instead via adjustment and my school mentioned Warwick as I am doing Computer Science at uni this September. I am currently holding a firm offer at another uni which wants AAB and I know I can get higher than that.

I mean do I just call them up on results day to see if they will take me on or is it the courses listed on clearing that only have free spaces and this does also apply to students wanting to enter via adjustment?
Original post by CurryCurry2468
Hi,
I have looked on the Warwick website and have seen the courses that are in clearing. I dont intend on going through clearing but instead via adjustment and my school mentioned Warwick as I am doing Computer Science at uni this September. I am currently holding a firm offer at another uni which wants AAB and I know I can get higher than that.

I mean do I just call them up on results day to see if they will take me on or is it the courses listed on clearing that only have free spaces and this does also apply to students wanting to enter via adjustment?

Computer science isn't in clearing and I doubt it'll be in adjustment either since it usually seems in-demand. Adjustment doesn't really have vacancies that are advertised, you just need to call up and ask. Adjustment is used much less than clearing so there's not as much info around. No harm in asking.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by _gcx
Computer science isn't in clearing and I doubt it'll be in adjustment either since it usually seems in-demand. Adjustment doesn't really have vacancies that are advertised, you just need to call up and ask. Adjustment is used much less than clearing so there's not as much info around. No harm in asking.

Do you think Modern languages and economics BA will be in clearing?
Do you think Modern languages and economics BA will be in clearing?

no idea. joint degrees are separate administrationally and you can't really guess looking at the numbers for the straight degrees.

Quick Reply

Latest