The Student Room Group

14 liking a 17 year old

is it bad that i like a guy thats 17?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no, however most 17 year olds would not date you based on your age.
Original post by pink_lemons

It is. Please don't ruin his life. Wait until you are 16 years and 1 day old.
Original post by Wired_1800
It is. Please don't ruin his life. Wait until you are 16 years and 1 day old.

But they guy will be 19 by then. Probably in uni or something
It is normal to be attracted to people who are older, however it would be wrong for them to get into a relationship with you given the age gap
Reply 5
No, but he could catch a case if he dated you as you’re a minor
Original post by Anonymous
But they guy will be 19 by then. Probably in uni or something

It is fine to be friends with him but not have an intimate relationship else he could be jailed.
Whatever you’re thinking of doing, don’t.
Reply 8
you’re a victim lol dont
Well it's not bad to fancy people older than you, but nothing should come of it. And no offence but only a weird 17 year old would get with a 14 year old anyway - so if he / anyone his age are up for it, steer clear!
No face no case

nah but fr the age diff wouldnt be that bad if you were both older like 20 and 23 but as of right now it isnt ideal
Reply 11
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Whatever you’re thinking of doing, don’t.

What if she's thinking of not dating him :biggrin:
Original post by pink_lemons

There's such a big difference in maturity when you're 14 and when you're 17 though. People usually grow up a lot from 14-17

I have no problem with age gaps but you're not even 16. You are a kid
It’s not bad that you like him, but it’s bad if he acts on the fact you like him if that makes sense.

Anything more than 3 years age gap people don’t agree with, but even like a 2 or 3 year age gap is a lot at your age.

Best to keep your distance, especially since you’re in secondary school and he’d be in college or whatever. It would be better if you were both in secondary school and even then still weird and creepy
Original post by Ten-Ten

only when he is 18 that could happen. as he is still a minor too according to laws.
Reply 15
Plenty normal to be interested in older guys at your age.
It would be inappropriate to pursue however.
Original post by rawrwulf
only when he is 18 that could happen. as he is still a minor too according to laws.

True. Still weird tho a yr 12/13 with a yr 9/10 depending on birthdays
Original post by Ten-Ten

Only if he were 18+, as he is still a minor too.

That’s why it’s important to be careful with these ages. Let’s say a 14 and 17 year old slept with each other although the 17 year old isn’t yet 18 it’s still illegal for him to do so since he’s 16+ and she is under 16.

They’d consider the age range and for sex around 3 and a half years is too big of an age gap.

It’s a bit different if they sent each other sexual photos though because the minimum age for that is 18 and they are both under that age, but both over 13. For that the guy might not actually get into legal trouble as the police might consider 14 and 17 similar ages for something like that.

However, like you said it’s wrong and creepy, although more common than people like to think. I’ve seen year 8s dating 11s (and even 9s dating 12s) bare times
No normal 17 year old would be interested in dating a 14 year old. Sorry.
Original post by Cryoraptor
No normal 17 year old would be interested in dating a 14 year old. Sorry.

Exactly. If the 14 year old is about to turn 15 or the 17 year old has just turned 17 it could be justified to an extent, but I disagree with it, as there are plenty of people to date your own age.

Some would say that as if a 14 year old dates a 16 year old the age gap could theoretically be bigger than a 14 year old dating a 17 year old If the 17 year old has just turned 17.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending