The Student Room Group

Unite students move in-date?

My university halls are officially partnered with Unite students to provide accomodation. I'm in some Facebook groups for the accomodation and I can see a lot of people will be moving in from September 15-18th. However the earliest date on the app I can select is September 24th?

My term and induction week starts on the 21st so is there any way I can change this? Am I stuck because of my tenancy? I really don't want to miss out on freshers and also have to move in during the middle of it. Has anyone had the same problem with Unite Students?
Original post by Komaric
My university halls are officially partnered with Unite students to provide accomodation. I'm in some Facebook groups for the accomodation and I can see a lot of people will be moving in from September 15-18th. However the earliest date on the app I can select is September 24th?

My term and induction week starts on the 21st so is there any way I can change this? Am I stuck because of my tenancy? I really don't want to miss out on freshers and also have to move in during the middle of it. Has anyone had the same problem with Unite Students?

Hi! @Komaric

It might be that this date is later because the other move-in days are all booked up. The move-in period might be longer too, due to the university making covid restrictions about too many people moving in on the same day, as it can be manic with so many people moving stuff into halls.

I would speak to your university halls team and unite students and ask if you can get an earlier date to move in.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest