The Student Room Group

Got an clearing offer but not sure if I’m going to accept it or not?

Hello,

I just got an clearing offer from London met today and Yh not sure if I should accept or not since I’ve been in that uni for open day and the other day that I can’t remember for whatever reason and know what it’s all about. So should I take it or not over staying at Liverpool which is what I stayed last year for uni.
We can’t tell you what the right choice is for you. You need to make your own decisions.

What are the pros and cons of each option? Do you want to apply to any other choices through clearing? What is the time limit on your clearing offer?
Original post by PQ
We can’t tell you what the right choice is for you. You need to make your own decisions.

What are the pros and cons of each option? Do you want to apply to any other choices through clearing? What is the time limit on your clearing offer?

Pros for London?

More salary
more people mixed around the world
Restaurants that are different in every places
Bigger than any other cities in the UK and probably in the world
Racism is less although outside of London except for Manchester and Liverpool city centre (which is the one that I've been to) racism still exist if you ain't English and white or one of them.
Rich lifestyle and wearing expensive stuff

Cons?
Some people are rude and terrible
Rushed
So shy to speak to you
Expensive prices
people going in and out all the time throughout the uk all the time
nightlife is too much pricy and can be confusing all the time

Pros for Liverpool:
Friendlier
Smaller and compact
nightlife is easier to get around
Walking around much easier
nightlife vibe is all time high
Cheaper homes that are good

Cons:
Accents can be rough and not understanding from my point of view
some of the northern slangs is so confusing
racism outside of the centre is still raw and exist
Some of people wearing cheap clothes and not looking rich
it is way too small
London Met is not a 'good Uni' - so unless its a unique course on offer only there, you can definitely do better.
Do you mean you have already done a Foundation or First year at a Liverpool Uni?
Original post by McGinger
London Met is not a 'good Uni' - so unless its a unique course on offer only there, you can definitely do better.
Do you mean you have already done a Foundation or First year at a Liverpool Uni?

Done a foundation year at Liverpool uni
Original post by MohamedAdan
Done a foundation year at Liverpool uni

What are you planning on studying?
Stay in Liverpool. London Met is a weak University with no reputation for anything, and any of the Liverpool Unis are far better than that. With Liverpool you get all of the fun of being in a big city but without the expense and hassle of London.
The salaries in London are higher but the living expenses are so high you end up with less money than if you worked literally anywhere else.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Chicken.M.
The salaries in London are higher but the living expenses are so high you end up with less money than if you worked literally anywhere else.

Yh that’s why I don’t mind living in Liverpool or other counties or even Manchester even through my mum said that it’s poor and doesn’t offer real jobs when In reality that’s about the level that I am in.
Pros for London?

More salary
more people mixed around the world
Restaurants that are different in every places
Bigger than any other cities in the UK and probably in the world
Racism is less although outside of London except for Manchester and Liverpool city centre (which is the one that I've been to) racism still exist if you ain't English and white or one of them.
Rich lifestyle and wearing expensive stuff

Cons?
Some people are rude and terrible
Rushed
So shy to speak to you
Expensive prices
people going in and out all the time throughout the uk all the time
nightlife is too much pricy and can be confusing all the time

Pros for Liverpool:
Friendlier
Smaller and compact
nightlife is easier to get around
Walking around much easier
nightlife vibe is all time high
Cheaper homes that are good

Cons:
Accents can be rough and not understanding from my point of view
some of the northern slangs is so confusing
racism outside of the centre is still raw and exist
Some of people wearing cheap clothes and not looking rich
it is way too small

"Rich lifestyle and wearing expensive stuff"
"Some of people wearing cheap clothes and not looking rich"
How are these pros and cons for going to a uni?! :toofunny:
'More salary' as a pro for london won't affect you much whilst you're in uni, the salary of any extra work you do whilst there could be eaten up by the increased cost of living anyway. A 'rich lifestyle' in London is also unlikely to be the case on a student loan, again with the increased cost of living you would likely find yourself with more fun money to spend in Liverpool.

It sounds like most of your reasons for wanting London revolve around the jobs and working there, can't you just move there and get a job there after uni or will a London uni specifically give you an advantage in trying to get a job there? (Like good local links and particularly respected by local employers?)
Original post by redoubtable
"Rich lifestyle and wearing expensive stuff"
"Some of people wearing cheap clothes and not looking rich"
How are these pros and cons for going to a uni?! :toofunny:

Dude these are pros and cons for living in these cities not uni.
Original post by Kogomogo
'More salary' as a pro for london won't affect you much whilst you're in uni, the salary of any extra work you do whilst there could be eaten up by the increased cost of living anyway. A 'rich lifestyle' in London is also unlikely to be the case on a student loan, again with the increased cost of living you would likely find yourself with more fun money to spend in Liverpool.

It sounds like most of your reasons for wanting London revolve around the jobs and working there, can't you just move there and get a job there after uni or will a London uni specifically give you an advantage in trying to get a job there? (Like good local links and particularly respected by local employers?)

I’m from London though, so obviously still living there cos I don’t have a place for Liverpool since I moved out due to the end of my contract.
Dude these are pros and cons for living in these cities not uni.

ok, so you would be put off a city because "Some of people wearing cheap clothes and not looking rich" :rofl: Actually get a grip
Original post by redoubtable
ok, so you would be put off a city because "Some of people wearing cheap clothes and not looking rich" :rofl: Actually get a grip

Er I wouldn’t say that if I was you. No I’m saying that I would still be bored of London, and rather stay in Liverpool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending