The Student Room Group

maths grade boundaries

so i got my as maths marks back and i'm trying to look at the edexcel grade boundaries january 2021 to see what grade i got, but i'm sooo confused.
what is raw vs ums mark? our paper was out of 100 so is that UMS mark? i have no idea what these mean
also what is the difference between mathematics and pure mathematics? our teacher refers to our test as "pure paper" so would that be pure mathematics?
thanks in advance
Reply 1
UMS marks are only used for modular qualifications and no A levels or GCSEs in England are modular any more. (A level Maths stopped being so in 2018). If you've found something with UMS marks then it must be international. Whereabouts are you?
Original post by Compost
UMS marks are only used for modular qualifications and no A levels or GCSEs in England are modular any more. (A level Maths stopped being so in 2018). If you've found something with UMS marks then it must be international. Whereabouts are you?

in england
Reply 3
In that case you're looking at the wrong thing, almost certainly international specifications. Ignore anything that mentions UMS. I think there is an A level in Pure Maths available internationally but not in the UK (any more).

A level Maths (exam code 9MA0) has 2 pure papers and an applied paper (mechanics and stats). AS Maths (exam code 8MA0) has one of each but the applied paper is shorter.

Quick Reply

Latest