The Student Room Group

GCSE/A-Level Results Day 2021

Hey everyone, to those doing GCSEs or A-Levels, how are you feeling about results day? Do you feel confident? Do you think your going to get the grades you deserve? What do you expect to get for each subject?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kyle McNeil
Hey everyone, to those doing GCSEs or A-Levels, how are you feeling about results day? Do you feel confident? Do you think your going to get the grades you deserve? What do you expect to get for each subject?

I feel really nervous, I just want to rip the bandage off. Although I am even more worried about my A Level choices.
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm getting my A-level results and am feeling very nervous. I'm not worried about getting into Uni, just there's grades I want and have worked so so hard to try and get! I only need ABB for Uni (to do Psychology in Education) but am really wanting A*AA, I think I could get anything between A*BB- A*A*A x

Honestly I'm trying not to think about results day, as I know I would fall into a hole of fear of not getting the grades I would like.

It's covid grades so they're bias, universities are going to take these grades with a pinch of salt

I am really worried about them.

Yes, on August the 10th, I am worried about them. I need Bs in both Business Studies and Economics and a Merit in Law to get into DMU and I am not sure if I will get that. I did do some work of a B standard in both Business Studies and Economics but I am not sure if that will be used in working out my teacher assessed grades. We did lots of assessments in fact we did an assessment every week until the last week of going into college from the start of Easter term but I was never told the results of these assessments because they didn’t want me to know my grades before August the 10th.
(edited 2 years ago)

I feel confident that I will be able to meet at least my insurance entry requirements but I'm worried as I've set my heart on my firm and I feel as though everyone has really high expectations of me and I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't meet them. For psychology, I've been fluctuating between As and A*s since the start of year 12 but I think I messed up quite a few questions in the assessments so I'm hoping for at least an A but expecting A or B. For business I've been working at a B for the whole 2 years but I feel as though the assessments went better than I thought they would so I'm also expecting an A or B. For sociology, I've been working at an A* since last summer and I think all but one assessment went well so I'm expecting A* or A. I have a tendency to think really negatively though so I may still be able to get my dream grades of A*A*A and Ain my EPQ

I'm doing Edexcel AS Level Further Maths from the way my assessments went I think I will achieve a C for AS Further Maths but there is a possibility I may scrape that up to a B which If I'm right I will happy with given how hard AS Further Maths is
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm honestly terrified! I keep having nightmares about results day and often have panic attacks.

My school is a grammar school and, for some absurd reason, they rank students in the year ie only the top 20 students in my year are allowed to get A*s. This is so stupid because if a student deserves to get an A*, they should get it. Plus so many people cheated and I am scared that they raised the grade boundaries so high that it leaves us fair people with terrible grades that don't reflect our real performance.

If the students at my school were to sit the real exams normally, I'm sure 60% of my year would've ended up with A*s, instead of 14% like they aim to give.

I currently hold an offer at AAA but I'd like to get at least A*A*A because I'm thinking of switching courses through Adjustment.

Inshallah please pray for me I hope I get A*A*A or better ☹️🥺
Original post by trusfratedblink
I'm honestly terrified! I keep having nightmares about results day and often have panic attacks.

My school is a grammar school and, for some absurd reason, they rank students in the year ie only the top 20 students in my year are allowed to get A*s. This is so stupid because if a student deserves to get an A*, they should get it. Plus so many people cheated and I am scared that they raised the grade boundaries so high that it leaves us fair people with terrible grades that don't reflect our real performance.

If the students at my school were to sit the real exams normally, I'm sure 60% of my year would've ended up with A*s, instead of 14% like they aim to give.

I currently hold an offer at AAA but I'd like to get at least A*A*A because I'm thinking of switching courses through Adjustment.

I've also been having nightmares.
I really don't understand the ranking system, like for psychology our teacher has been going on for the last 2 years about how on average we're the highest performing year he's ever had yet if a ranking system is used it would be based on the proportion of students who got each grade in previous years. I've also heard of subjects that perform well above national averages but are acting as if national grade boundaries reflect individual schools
Original post by SB1234567890
I feel confident that I will be able to meet at least my insurance entry requirements but I'm worried as I've set my heart on my firm and I feel as though everyone has really high expectations of me and I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't meet them. For psychology, I've been fluctuating between As and A*s since the start of year 12 but I think I messed up quite a few questions in the assessments so I'm hoping for at least an A but expecting A or B. For business I've been working at a B for the whole 2 years but I feel as though the assessments went better than I thought they would so I'm also expecting an A or B. For sociology, I've been working at an A* since last summer and I think all but one assessment went well so I'm expecting A* or A. I have a tendency to think really negatively though so I may still be able to get my dream grades of A*A*A and Ain my EPQ

Where do you want to go to uni? What's your firm/insurance. I'm also doing Psychology, I have been getting A*s in Media all the way through, A*s/A's in Music but am expecting an A and A's/B's in Psych and am thinking I should get an A. My dream grades are also A*A*A but will b v happy with A*AA best of luck!! x
Original post by trusfratedblink

So, from your text, you're telling me that the selected band within the top 20 are only allowed A*s. Why didn't you just not listen?

But, the main reason they're doing it is due to the fact that, being teacher assessed grades, having 60% of the cohort have a*s will look fishy. Basically, you're the control group, very unfair; you can always retake though
Original post by maisiex10x
Where do you want to go to uni? What's your firm/insurance. I'm also doing Psychology, I have been getting A*s in Media all the way through, A*s/A's in Music but am expecting an A and A's/B's in Psych and am thinking I should get an A. My dream grades are also A*A*A but will b v happy with A*AA best of luck!! x

I'm hoping to do business and management at Exeter and my insurance is Southampton
What about you?
Original post by SB1234567890
I'm hoping to do business and management at Exeter and my insurance is Southampton
What about you?

I'm hoping to do Psychology in Education, York is my firm, Birmingham is my insurance!! Best of luck x
Original post by maisiex10x
I'm hoping to do Psychology in Education, York is my firm, Birmingham is my insurance!! Best of luck x

You too
I'm really nervous and worried :frown: im not even sure how it'll turn out..
U

Original post by ninja24
I'm really nervous and worried :frown: im not even sure how it'll turn out..

Did you study?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mgcgian047
U

Did you study?

I did: Economics, computer science, maths, psychology. You?
Original post by ninja24
I did: Economics, computer science, maths, psychology. You?

Then you have nothing to worry, if you used past papers, active recall, space repitition, you studied effectively. I'm not doing a levels, just done my GCSEs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending