The Student Room Group

Healthcare science!!!!

Hi !
I am applying for university but I want to apply to both Healthcare Science (cardiac physiology) and Healthcare Science (Audiology). Could I apply for both of the courses with the same personal statement- and make my personal statement vague and referred to 'healthcare science' or would I have to talk about cardiac physiology/audiology SPECIFICALLY when writing my personal statement? Can I just speak about healthcare science as a whole?

Thanks !!

Scroll to see replies

Hi , it is best not to make your personal statement vague, as unis may reject you
So focus on one
And if the uni would like, they may ask you to send a specific personal statement for the course, so get one ready just in case
Original post by zmahmood14
Hi !
I am applying for university but I want to apply to both Healthcare Science (cardiac physiology) and Healthcare Science (Audiology). Could I apply for both of the courses with the same personal statement- and make my personal statement vague and referred to 'healthcare science' or would I have to talk about cardiac physiology/audiology SPECIFICALLY when writing my personal statement? Can I just speak about healthcare science as a whole?

Thanks !!

Hi! How did your application go?
Reply 3
Original post by freyaloader
Hi! How did your application go?

Hey!
I applied for Audiology @ Manchester and Leicester and Cardiac Physiology at Leeds. I have heard back from Manchester and Leicester and have offers from both! Still waiting to hear back from Leeds .... How about you?
Reply 4
Hey!
I applied for Audiology @ Manchester and Leicester and Cardiac Physiology at Leeds. I have heard back from Manchester and Leicester and have offers from both! Still waiting to hear back from Leeds .... How about you?

Hello, congratulations. How long did Manchester take to give an offer and did you have to interview?
Reply 5
Original post by SA398
Hello, congratulations. How long did Manchester take to give an offer and did you have to interview?

Hi, Thank you!! I think i was given an offer within 2 weeks of my interview. Goodluck with your application !
Reply 6
Hi, Thank you!! I think i was given an offer within 2 weeks of my interview. Goodluck with your application !

Hi,
what course did you end up choosing?
Reply 7
Hi! I ended up choosing cardiac physiology @ leeds (:
Reply 8
Thats what I'm looking to do. I am torn between radiography though.
Any advice on how to prepare i.e with interviews/personal statements.
Would appreciate it a lot, thanks.
Reply 9
Original post by safaahmed33
Thats what I'm looking to do. I am torn between radiography though.
Any advice on how to prepare i.e with interviews/personal statements.
Would appreciate it a lot, thanks.

check your private message , will message u privately!x
check your private message , will message u privately!x

thank you :smile:
Reply 11
Hi !
I am applying for university but I want to app hi!

i am planning to do the very same that you did! i want to apply for healthcare science in audiology as well as cardiac physiology. But im a bit confused on how to go about my personal statement. do i write about both audiology and cardiac physiology seperately or can i just talk about healthcare science. It'd be great if you could give me any tips/advice as you have already been through this!

thanks :smile: y to both Healthcare Science (cardiac physiology) and Healthcare Science (Audiology). Could I apply for both of the courses with the same personal statement- and make my personal statement vague and referred to 'healthcare science' or would I have to talk about cardiac physiology/audiology SPECIFICALLY when writing my personal statement? Can I just speak about healthcare science as a whole?

Thanks !!

hi!

i am planning to do the very same that you did! i want to apply for healthcare science in audiology as well as cardiac physiology. But im a bit confused on how to go about my personal statement. do i write about both audiology and cardiac physiology seperately or can i just talk about healthcare science. It'd be great if you could give me any tips/advice as you have already been through this!

Reply 12
Original post by r232003
hi!

hi!!

I contacted the university of Leeds as i applied for cardiac physiology there and applied for audiology at other unis. I put my audiology personal statement as my UCAS personal statement , and then sent UOL a seperate personal statement which was specifically for cardiac physiology. I just tweaked my personal statement slightly to fit cardiac physiology and sent it directly to leeds and kept my audiology PS as my PS on UCAS (as i had applied to more unis for Audiology). I ended up getting offers from every uni i had applied to!!
hi!!

I contacted the university of Leeds as i applied for cardiac physiology there and applied for audiology at other unis. I put my audiology personal statement as my UCAS personal statement , and then sent UOL a seperate personal statement which was specifically for cardiac physiology. I just tweaked my personal statement slightly to fit cardiac physiology and sent it directly to leeds and kept my audiology PS as my PS on UCAS (as i had applied to more unis for Audiology). I ended up getting offers from every uni i had applied to!!

Would you mind giving advice on how to structure a personal statement based on cardiac physiology- the sort of things to include. Also how are you finding the course at Leeds as I am hoping to get in and study there :smile:
Reply 14
hi!!

thanks for the reply!

that sounds like a great idea, If im honest i think im leaning more towards studying audiology as it is something ive always wanted to do. but ive been struggling for quite a few weeks on how to get started on my personal statement. ive taken a gap year after college in order to apply for audiology and i really want to maximise my chances of being successful. its also very hard to find sample personal statements for audiology online which is strange. i would be really grateful if you could give me some tips/advice on how to structure an audiology personal statement. i'd also love to speak to you on private message about your experiences with applying for audiology, interviews etc. if you dont mind, could i possibly private message you? thanks :smile:
Original post by r232003
thanks for the reply!

that sounds like a great idea, If im honest i think im leaning more towards studying audiology as it is something ive always wanted to do. but ive been struggling for quite a few weeks on how to get started on my personal statement. ive taken a gap year after college in order to apply for audiology and i really want to maximise my chances of being successful. its also very hard to find sample personal statements for audiology online which is strange. i would be really grateful if you could give me some tips/advice on how to structure an audiology personal statement. i'd also love to speak to you on private message about your experiences with applying for audiology, interviews etc. if you dont mind, could i possibly private message you? thanks :smile:

Hey I’m on a gap year applying for audiology too
I will private message you
Original post by r232003
thanks for the reply!

I have started my personal statement but not finished it yet but I can tell u the sort of stuff I have and will mention
U can private message me and add me on socials
Reply 17
Original post by safaahmed33
Would you mind giving advice on how to structure a personal statement based on cardiac physiology- the sort of things to include. Also how are you finding the course at Leeds as I am hoping to get in and study there :smile:

Hi!!

Will pm you! x
Reply 18
Original post by r232003
thanks for the reply!

yes of course, private message me !!
yes of course, private message me !!

hello! sorry to be a bother but could you give me advice on interviews for cardiac physiology on pm as I have just sent off my ucas application for this course! Thank you:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest