The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2022 entry with predicted grades < entry requirements

Hi all

So I have been hoping to apply to Cambridge in 2022 for A100 Medicine. I study 4 A levels and thought I was on for A*A*AA in my predictions from my school.

Last week I was told I had a place on the college enhanced Open Day residential and yesterday I was accepted onto the Apply! Cambridge program.

But today my school released my grades and they are not A*A*AA as I had hoped. (Was A*AAB) so I cannot apply to Cambridge anymore which is breaking me. I will probably have to pull out of Apply! Cambridge program too and let someone else have my place.

I guess my question is, has anyone ever applied with those predictions or similar and had an interview?

Thank you
Original post by 47thPresident
Hi all

So I have been hoping to apply to Cambridge in 2022 for A100 Medicine. I study 4 A levels and thought I was on for A*A*AA in my predictions from my school.

Last week I was told I had a place on the college enhanced Open Day residential and yesterday I was accepted onto the Apply! Cambridge program.

But today my school released my grades and they are not A*A*AA as I had hoped. (Was A*AAB) so I cannot apply to Cambridge anymore which is breaking me. I will probably have to pull out of Apply! Cambridge program too and let someone else have my place.

I guess my question is, has anyone ever applied with those predictions or similar and had an interview?

Thank you

Hi

I went on a residential there a couple of years ago. If you don't mind me asking, what year are you in and what residential are you applying to?
Original post by chris01928
Hi

I went on a residential there a couple of years ago. If you don't mind me asking, what year are you in and what residential are you applying to?

Hi - I am in Y12 and its at Downing. Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by 47thPresident
Hi all

Thank you

Cambridge will interview anybody they think is realistically capable of achieving A*A*A, but A*AAB predicted is not screaming this for them.
Why not drop the B and ask your teachers if they will predict A*A*A given you will have extra time to work on those three (provided they are the right subjects for Cambridge medicine)?
Original post by GANFYD
Cambridge will interview anybody they think is realistically capable of achieving A*A*A, but A*AAB predicted is not screaming this for them.
Why not drop the B and ask your teachers if they will predict A*A*A given you will have extra time to work on those three (provided they are the right subjects for Cambridge medicine)?

Thanks - teachers said they made a mistake on the B and it should be an A so its now A*AAA - I will ask about changing one to an A* as you suggest. Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest