The Student Room Group

Which universities accept ucas points in the Uk

Question above
I was aware they all did...
(edited 2 years ago)
normally the unis at the bottom of the ladder
Original post by NovaeSci
I was aware they all did...

Not all unis use the UCAS points system; many simply express their offers in terms of A-level grades or equivalent. Thus, certain non-academic qualifications that attract UCAS points can't be "bolted on" by applicants to try and ameliorate weaker grades in their academic qualifications for those unis. Typically it's the unis that are regarded as very academic (and tend to rank highly in most league tables, for better or for worse).
Original post by artful_lounger
Not all unis use the UCAS points system; many simply express their offers in terms of A-level grades or equivalent. Thus, certain non-academic qualifications that attract UCAS points can't be "bolted on" by applicants to try and ameliorate weaker grades in their academic qualifications for those unis. Typically it's the unis that are regarded as very academic (and tend to rank highly in most league tables, for better or for worse).

Ahh, I just thought that A Levels equated to UCAS points and could be translated into UCAS points. you learn something new... ha
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by NovaeSci
Ahh, I just thought that A Levels equated to UCAS points and could be translated into UCAS points. you learn something new... ha

A-levels do have UCAS point values attached to them, but not all unis use that conversion :smile:
Original post by artful_lounger
A-levels do have UCAS point values attached to them, but not all unis use that conversion :smile:

I get you now. :smile:
Original post by going2fail
Question above

Generally it is universities accepting lower grades say BBC or below. Even then some restrict it to a maximum of 3 A levels. As an example 120 points from 3 A levels. They dont necessarily accept all the various things that count for ucas points such as music qualifications.
Incorrect.

Lower level Unis use UCAS points. Other Universities use specific grades.
Some may specify requirements using both.
Original post by McGinger
Incorrect.

Lower level Unis use UCAS points. Other Universities use specific grades.
Some may specify requirements using both.

The number of universities that accept tariff for most courses (plus subject requirements) is larger than those that only make offers in grades.

It’s not incorrect to say most universities make offers in terms of tariff. Those making grade based offers as standard (without inclusion of a tariff equivalent in the offer conditions) are in the minority.

It is debatable whether most applications get offers made in terms of tariff - due to the large size and high offer rates of the older universities. But that’s because ucas and universities have *****y data on offer conditions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending