The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

leeds uni accomodation

Hi, Im looking to apply for uni of leeds accom for 2021 entry after firming it. I am thinking of Henry Price or Montague Burton. I want to be somewhere that's social and easy to meet lots of people but also not too pricey. Does anyone have any tips? thanks :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

hey!! i’m at monty b currently and it’s sick, i applied for it over henry price as it’s less oversubscribed so more likely to get it. I’m in a flat of 9 and every single one of my flat mates is up for a good night out and every other person i’ve met here gets on with their flat. i think it’s a great mix of chill and social, unlike james baille which in my opinion is full of people trying too hard oops
let me know if u have any more questions and hope this helps!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by tango4723
hey!! i’m at monty b currently and it’s sick, i applied for it over henry price as it’s less oversubscribed so more likely to get it. I’m in a flat of 9 and every single one of my flat mates is up for a good night out and every other person i’ve met here gets on with their flat. i think it’s a great mix of chill and social, unlike james baille which in my opinion is full of people trying too hard oops

thank you so much, yes that helps a lot!! Do you find it is easy to mix with people from other flats there too? I have read it has quite a nice community feel to it.
Original post by sconnor24
thank you so much, yes that helps a lot!! Do you find it is easy to mix with people from other flats there too? I have read it has quite a nice community feel to it.

yeh all the blocks face inwards towards the bbq/ smoking area so people just gather there sometimes and u can meet new ppl from other flats. i know lupton has a pretty good community vibe but apart from that the other accoms r more private

Hi! I’m thinking of applying for Henry Price, do you know much about it? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by ellaswan1
Hi! I’m thinking of applying for Henry Price, do you know much about it? Thanks! :smile:

hey yeh i have a few friends there and it’s nice, sociable, on campus if that’s important for u, i do know a girl who was kind of left out by her flat because she didn’t do drugs but i think that’s a minority thing which tbf could happen at any accom. only thing is that it’s probably just as oversubscribed as james baille, i know a lot of people who applied and got put in lupton and oxley instead, so just depends on if u want to risk it!
hey yeh i have a few friends there and it’s nice, sociable, on campus if that’s important for u, i do know a girl who was kind of left out by her flat because she didn’t do drugs but i think that’s a minority thing which tbf could happen at any accom. only thing is that it’s probably just as oversubscribed as james baille, i know a lot of people who applied and got put in lupton and oxley instead, so just depends on if u want to risk it!

Thank you! Do you think that bc of white rose this year it will reduce the popularity of henry price?
Reply 7

What have you applied to study? :smile:
Reply 8
Hi I’m hoping to study dentistry and was looking at the tannery. I want accommodation where the people at very chatty and sociable in that way but would be up for going out every know and then, anyone have any ideas where I could go
What have you applied to study? :smile:

Civil engineering! Wbu?
Reply 10
Civil engineering! Wbu?

philosophy and psychology!
Hey there! I'm firming Leeds for 2021 entry and was wondering how social Sentinel Towers and Tannery are as accommodation? Thanks!
Original post by Jhfd
Hi I’m hoping to study dentistry and was looking at the tannery. I want accommodation where the people at very chatty and sociable in that way but would be up for going out every know and then, anyone have any ideas where I could go

hii im applying for nursing and tannery looks best out of tannery Oxley and Lupton which are healthcare accom. student reviews r kinda mixed but I think tannery sounds good
Hi, Im looking to apply for uni of leeds accom for 2021 entry after firming it. I am thinking of Henry Price or Montague Burton. I want to be somewhere that's social and easy to meet lots of people but also not too pricey. Does anyone have any tips? thanks :smile:

Henry Price overlooks a huge graveyard. The uni took over the land of a graveyard with over 93,000 buried there, they took down their gravestones and grassed over all the men women & children buried their. I know people are campaigning to exhume or have the land turned into a peace garden not somewhere to play football on. The uni gloss over the ugly truth that they took the land and greased the palms of MP's to get parliament to agree to them turning it into a 'peaceful' place, but this doesn't happen. If you go to Henry price please take into consideration all those people buried there still under that grass and not go searching for bones which are regularly found there

Henry Price overlooks a huge graveyard. The uni took over the land of a graveyard with over 93,000 buried there, they took down their gravestones and grassed over all the men women & children buried their. I know people are campaigning to exhume or have the land turned into a peace garden not somewhere to play football on. The uni gloss over the ugly truth that they took the land and greased the palms of MP's to get parliament to agree to them turning it into a 'peaceful' place, but this doesn't happen. If you go to Henry price please take into consideration all those people buried there still under that grass and not go searching for bones which are regularly found there
Reply 15
Has anyone heard anything about the shared houses, I firmed yesterday and now have to make a decision about accommodation. I liked the rooms and the idea of the shared houses but I don't know how much it actually related to what it seems like.
Original post by rhhb
Has anyone heard anything about the shared houses, I firmed yesterday and now have to make a decision about accommodation. I liked the rooms and the idea of the shared houses but I don't know how much it actually related to what it seems like.

Did you go for the shared houses?
Reply 17
Original post by JAckieee.chan
Did you go for the shared houses?

I didn't in the end, and currently I'm in a whole war where my grades (we found out already cause I take the ib) have been completely messed up by the algorithm so I missed my grades and might not even be able to go to leeds, currently in appeal and discussion with admission boards at leeds...
Original post by rhhb
I didn't in the end, and currently I'm in a whole war where my grades (we found out already cause I take the ib) have been completely messed up by the algorithm so I missed my grades and might not even be able to go to leeds, currently in appeal and discussion with admission boards at leeds...

awwwww. Sorry to hear that. Damn I feel bad. What was your predicted grade? And what program did you apply for?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by JAckieee.chan
awwwww. Sorry to hear that. Damn I feel bad. What was your predicted grade?

I was predicted 42 out of 45 with 776 at HL and 766 at Standard Level, I got given 665 and 666 35 overall. After both my TOK and EE were marked with As by teachers officially I was given a D and a C so something is definitely not right...

In addition you basically get ranked against your classmates, and two of my classmates in chemistry and biology cheated and the teachers knew and they still got given higher grades than me so I'm very very annoyed because I know I should've done better than them (sans cheating obviously)

I applied for medicine which is normally a rough ride, I'm just annoyed that I really should've made it and didn't
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest