The Student Room Group

community resolution order and FPN

Hi,

I have just finished the GDL and have been taking a break before starting the LPC next September, whilst on the GDL I received a Community resolutions order whilst being stopped and searched and being found with a spliff....I had been diagnosed as a depressant and sufferer of a severe anxiety disorder for which I have extensive medical records going back to my teens....recently due to some domestic troubles I had been made homeless (Slept in park benches for a week and eventually sofa surfing at my friends flat) due to this I faced a real mental breakdown for which I chose self medication rather than the opioids prescribed to me as a result I had again been caught with a joint for which I received a FPN. Though no criminal record just a fine. I am currently now in the process of being rehoused by the council. and I am going through two rehabilitation programmes and have been granted access to a personal clinical therapist and I have been in recovering greatly as a result.

I recently started volunteering at a youth charity where I have been teaching potential future professionals who are still young adults about the various bodies of authority in certain fields and the requirement of good character so they do not mess up in the future by falling into certain pitfalls. I really do get a sense of personal gratitude via doing this currently.

My question is I know I must disclose both of the events and consequences to the SRA but what are my chances of having a positive outcome taking into consideration of all that I have mentioned especially regarding my rehabilitation. I am looking to bite the bullet on this and being fully transparent yet I would like to know of the potential outcome.
Original post by tonstoon
Hi,

I have just finished the GDL and have been taking a break before starting the LPC next September, whilst on the GDL I received a Community resolutions order whilst being stopped and searched and being found with a spliff....I had been diagnosed as a depressant and sufferer of a severe anxiety disorder for which I have extensive medical records going back to my teens....recently due to some domestic troubles I had been made homeless (Slept in park benches for a week and eventually sofa surfing at my friends flat) due to this I faced a real mental breakdown for which I chose self medication rather than the opioids prescribed to me as a result I had again been caught with a joint for which I received a FPN. Though no criminal record just a fine. I am currently now in the process of being rehoused by the council. and I am going through two rehabilitation programmes and have been granted access to a personal clinical therapist and I have been in recovering greatly as a result.

I recently started volunteering at a youth charity where I have been teaching potential future professionals who are still young adults about the various bodies of authority in certain fields and the requirement of good character so they do not mess up in the future by falling into certain pitfalls. I really do get a sense of personal gratitude via doing this currently.

My question is I know I must disclose both of the events and consequences to the SRA but what are my chances of having a positive outcome taking into consideration of all that I have mentioned especially regarding my rehabilitation. I am looking to bite the bullet on this and being fully transparent yet I would like to know of the potential outcome.

You know you have to disclose them so that’s good it doesn’t come as a surprise however just be completely honest with them, ask them if it will affect your ability to become a barrister/ solicitor. My guess is probably not because it’s minor, a friend of mine has a conviction and is training with me to become a solicitor so it all depends. If you lie that will go against you. Just be honest with them and they will do everything to help you
Reply 2
Original post by Coopsy2021
You know you have to disclose them so that’s good it doesn’t come as a surprise however just be completely honest with them, ask them if it will affect your ability to become a barrister/ solicitor. My guess is probably not because it’s minor, a friend of mine has a conviction and is training with me to become a solicitor so it all depends. If you lie that will go against you. Just be honest with them and they will do everything to help you

Two questions in regards to your response:

when would be the best time to disclose as I am in the process of getting all my evidence and support papers together?

also please could you disclose your friends conviction just so i could understand commparitivley?
Reply 3
Police have nothing better to do
Reply 4
kindly suggest please could others in position of knowing share there understanding
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by tonstoon
Two questions in regards to your response:

when would be the best time to disclose as I am in the process of getting all my evidence and support papers together?

also please could you disclose your friends conviction just so i could understand commparitivley?

My friend spoke to her tutor who advised her the steps to take, also her conviction was for ‘assault battery’. Solicitor regulation authority I believe she spoke to x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending