The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by LesleyW30
Hey, I'm just posting to see if there are any other BCU applicants for the MSc dietetics course in 2021 - how did your interviews go?

Hi I've got mine this week. Have you had yours yet? Hope it went well!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by meeshy-moo
Hi I've got mine this week. Have you had yours yet? Hope it went well!

Hey, mine is tomorrow! I was actually waitlisted at first so feel like I could have had wayyy more time to prepare (also, this is my first interview this year), so here's hoping the interviewers are nice! Have you been to any other interviews for the course?
Hey, mine is tomorrow! I was actually waitlisted at first so feel like I could have had wayyy more time to prepare (also, this is my first interview this year), so here's hoping the interviewers are nice! Have you been to any other interviews for the course?

Mine is tomorrow too. I haven't had any interviews in years and it's the only course I've applied to, so I'm super nervous! I hope yours go well. I've actually got a wedding tonight which it the worst timing as I wanted to make sure I was relaxed and slept well! Will try and slip away earlyish though...

What sort of things have you prepared for? I feel like I've over prepared and over complicated it 😬
Reply 4
Mine is tomorrow too. I haven't had any interviews in years and it's the only course I've applied to, so I'm super nervous! I hope yours go well. I've actually got a wedding tonight which it the worst timing as I wanted to make sure I was relaxed and slept well! Will try and slip away earlyish though...

What sort of things have you prepared for? I feel like I've over prepared and over complicated it 😬

I've been doing nothing but preparing for the last 2 weeks since I got my interview offer haha, I've prepared for the general Q's like tell me about yourself, why this course/university, etc, learned NHS values and came up with a few examples of stories to tell in behavioural Q's, also prepared for harder, more specific Q's and some of the situational ones that could come up. I've been doing mock practises on Teams because I've never done an interview online before so I thought it would help.

What kind of things did you prepare?
I've been doing nothing but preparing for the last 2 weeks since I got my interview offer haha, I've prepared for the general Q's like tell me about yourself, why this course/university, etc, learned NHS values and came up with a few examples of stories to tell in behavioural Q's, also prepared for harder, more specific Q's and some of the situational ones that could come up. I've been doing mock practises on Teams because I've never done an interview online before so I thought it would help.

What kind of things did you prepare?

Good luck today! Let me know how yours goes. I've prepared in exactly the same way as you actually. I think because the interview information on the website is so vague I've just prepared for anything and everything! I wish I could have narrowed it down a bit more and prepared for a few specific questions in more detail but I'll just have to do my best!
Reply 6
Good luck today! Let me know how yours goes. I've prepared in exactly the same way as you actually. I think because the interview information on the website is so vague I've just prepared for anything and everything! I wish I could have narrowed it down a bit more and prepared for a few specific questions in more detail but I'll just have to do my best!

Let's hope the questions are good! What time is your interview? Mine is at 11:15, I'm really looking forward to it being over - it's been such a stressful few weeks 😩
Let's hope the questions are good! What time is your interview? Mine is at 11:15, I'm really looking forward to it being over - it's been such a stressful few weeks 😩

Oh looks like I'm right after you at 12 then! Gosh me too. I'm very flustered this morning but looking forward to the relief of it finally being over! 😬 Have you had your teams link yet? I haven't had mine, so just wondering if I should get in touch or expect it shortly before. Fingers crossed we both have great interviews and meet in January 🤞
Reply 8
Oh looks like I'm right after you at 12 then! Gosh me too. I'm very flustered this morning but looking forward to the relief of it finally being over! 😬 Have you had your teams link yet? I haven't had mine, so just wondering if I should get in touch or expect it shortly before. Fingers crossed we both have great interviews and meet in January 🤞

I received my link a while ago, I think - it was when she sent me my interview time. I really hope it goes well, but we'll see. I've been looking over my personal statement this morning and revising the values. I'm so scared!
I received my link a while ago, I think - it was when she sent me my interview time. I really hope it goes well, but we'll see. I've been looking over my personal statement this morning and revising the values. I'm so scared!

I've just emailed saying I didn't have it and then found it 😬😬 how bloody awkward! That's how stressed I am. Ha I could cry with nerves right now. Well, if you've got any useful tips after, please do share! Either way, I'll catch up with you later and best of luck again
Reply 10
I've just emailed saying I didn't have it and then found it 😬😬 how bloody awkward! That's how stressed I am. Ha I could cry with nerves right now. Well, if you've got any useful tips after, please do share! Either way, I'll catch up with you later and best of luck again

I genuinely did not expect the interview to be the way it was - it was hard! I'm not even sure how it went...
Basically, just be clued up on the NHS values and how they're applied - I don't know if my answers were correct but I did my best - I guess that's all I can really do.
Fingers crossed it went okay, but I genuinely don't know!
I genuinely did not expect the interview to be the way it was - it was hard! I'm not even sure how it went...
Basically, just be clued up on the NHS values and how they're applied - I don't know if my answers were correct but I did my best - I guess that's all I can really do.
Fingers crossed it went okay, but I genuinely don't know!

I read this 5 minutes before and my anxiety went through the roof! I think I did better than I expected, I'm good at answering the type of questions they asked as it's less about memory and more about opening up I guess? But it's not what I expected either. I think I over prepared, so it was nice to consider my responses without trying to remember what I'd written. I'm so relieved that's all over now. Fingers crossed for us both!!
Reply 12
I read this 5 minutes before and my anxiety went through the roof! I think I did better than I expected, I'm good at answering the type of questions they asked as it's less about memory and more about opening up I guess? But it's not what I expected either. I think I over prepared, so it was nice to consider my responses without trying to remember what I'd written. I'm so relieved that's all over now. Fingers crossed for us both!!

Haha sorry! I don't think you'll have over-prepared - I know that other universities asked those types of questions and it was good that you covered them in case they came up. Better to be overprepared than underprepared anyway, I think!

Let me know how you get on with your application. Good luck!
Haha sorry! I don't think you'll have over-prepared - I know that other universities asked those types of questions and it was good that you covered them in case they came up. Better to be overprepared than underprepared anyway, I think!

Let me know how you get on with your application. Good luck!

I will do. You too 😊
Reply 14
I will do. You too 😊

Got an offer! I'm literally so pleased. Hope you hear back soon!
Got an offer! I'm literally so pleased. Hope you hear back soon!

Me too!!!! Oh my god I'm so excited 😁😁😁 well done!!
Reply 16
Me too!!!! Oh my god I'm so excited 😁😁😁 well done!!

So pleased for us!!! Congrats! I'll meet you in January - feel free to message me about the course etc, would be good to have someone to chat to!
Hello! I've just read your conversation. I'd like to apply for the same course next year. Could you give me more info about the questions? I'm from Italy and I'm not familiar with UK univ admissions. Thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending