The Student Room Group

Booking holiday with McDonalds

I have just recieved the email that I have got my first job at McDonalds, which I am really happy about. I start next Wednesday (28/07) but my family and I are going on holiday from the following Sunday (01/08) to the next Saturday (07/08), and I would preferbably want the 12th of August off as it's my results day, but I'm not too bothered by that one.

I have just completed the additional information and am now waiting for my FRED and ourlounge logins to come through, which will take 48-72 hours. Will I be able to declare my holiday through these sites, or should I mention it on my first shift?

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

I would have mentioned it in the interview, to be honest. I've actually never had an interview that I've never been asked if I have any holidays planned.

You will start by training for the first couple or so weeks, so time off is not going to be received all too well. But I'd contact ASAP as they may even offer you a slightly later start date. If you are part-time, then this probably won't be too much of an inconvenience. I guess it all depends on your shifts: if a couple of shifts that weeks for a few hours, then easily postponed; whereas, it's a bit more tricky if you're supposed to be in full-time for a full week.

But, waiting until your first shift is going to raise serious questions as to why you never mentioned before and you waited until the first shift. It'll come across as you being a bit sly.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by NovaeSci
I would have mentioned it in the interview, to be honest. I've actually never had an interview that I've never been asked if I have any holidays planned.

You will start by training for the first couple or so weeks, so time off is not going to be received all too well. But I'd contact ASAP as they may even offer you a slightly later start date. If you are part-time, then this probably won't be too much of an inconvenience. I guess it all depends on your shifts: if a couple of shifts that weeks for a few hours, then easily postponed; whereas, it's a bit more tricky if you're supposed to be in full-time for a full week.

But, waiting until your first shift is going to raise serious questions as to why you never mentioned before and you waited until the first shift. It'll come across as you being a bit sly.

I was expecting them to ask about holidays in the interview, but they never did. I then didn't think the interview went well, so I didn't bother with emailing this information across, but then I got the job and realised the issue.

They have an online booking system for holidays, so I'm going to try put it through there and email as well. Would this be okay?
Original post by miiaa456
I was expecting them to ask about holidays in the interview, but they never did. I then didn't think the interview went well, so I didn't bother with emailing this information across, but then I got the job and realised the issue.

They have an online booking system for holidays, so I'm going to try put it through there and email as well. Would this be okay?

You can of course try, but with being so soon after starting, your line manager may reject it. If you haven't got access by the end of the week, then definitely contact them directly. In the end it may be fine if you are only part time. Would just be an issue if you was full time and your Manager has organised training.
Reply 4
You can of course try, but with being so soon after starting, your line manager may reject it. If you haven't got access by the end of the week, then definitely contact them directly. In the end it may be fine if you are only part time. Would just be an issue if you was full time and your Manager has organised training.

I’ve sent an email as I reckon it is better to here from me sooner rather than later. I am only part-time, so hopefully it will be okay.
I’ve sent an email as I reckon it is better to here from me sooner rather than later. I am only part-time, so hopefully it will be okay.

Aye, that definitely would be better. Fingers crossed everything works out. :smile:
Reply 6
Aye, that definitely would be better. Fingers crossed everything works out. :smile:

I sent the email and the business manager gave me a call. She didn’t understand why I didn’t mention it at the interview (which I understand, even if she didn’t ask I definitely should of said) and is just moving my training and first shift to after the holiday. So all good! Thank you!
Great to hear 🙂 Best of luck for your new job and enjoy your holiday
I have just recieved the email that I have got my first job at McDonalds, which I am really happy about. I start next Wednesday (28/07) but my family and I are going on holiday from the following Sunday (01/08) to the next Saturday (07/08), and I would preferbably want the 12th of August off as it's my results day, but I'm not too bothered by that one.

I have just completed the additional information and am now waiting for my FRED and ourlounge logins to come through, which will take 48-72 hours. Will I be able to declare my holiday through these sites, or should I mention it on my first shift?

Thank you!

Heyyy, in around how many hrs after the welcome to the team message did you get emails from nsl?
Reply 9
Original post by thivvv246
Heyyy, in around how many hrs after the welcome to the team message did you get emails from nsl?

I completed the extra information stuff and then it took about a day and a half for nsl email to come through
oh right, its been two days for me and i havent got the mystuff emails nor the nsl one. ee a bit nervous, lets see ig. ill call the store on wednesday incase they dont work on weekends.
Reply 11
oh right, its been two days for me and i havent got the mystuff emails nor the nsl one. ee a bit nervous, lets see ig. ill call the store on wednesday incase they dont work on weekends.

I got told it could take 48-72 hours so I wouldn’t worry too much xx
I got told it could take 48-72 hours so I wouldn’t worry too much xx

Ayeee my nsl one came, sorry for the botherr but how long was it verified in 😭 been 24 hrs and i havent heard back
I guess you could always pull the 'self quarantine' and buy yourself 10 days. Get out of Jail card.
Reply 14
Ayeee my nsl one came, sorry for the botherr but how long was it verified in 😭 been 24 hrs and i havent heard back

Again same it took about a day and a half, I definitely wouldn’t worry xx
Thanks luvv, good luck with work and have fun with your holidayy. And results day ahh less than 2 weeks leftt, hopefully we all did great.

Btw i got the eligibility back saying it's confirmed but on mystuff it still says not eligable, no clue why but heyy ima just wait 😅
Reply 16
Thanks luvv, good luck with work and have fun with your holidayy. And results day ahh less than 2 weeks leftt, hopefully we all did great.

Btw i got the eligibility back saying it's confirmed but on mystuff it still says not eligable, no clue why but heyy ima just wait 😅

I have the same thing on mystuff. I have my welcome meeting at 4pm today and I'm taking in my documents then too, so I'm assuming it will be updated after this? Either way, should be fine.

I know, results day is so close I can't believe it. Hope all goes well!
I have the same thing on mystuff. I have my welcome meeting at 4pm today and I'm taking in my documents then too, so I'm assuming it will be updated after this? Either way, should be fine.

I know, results day is so close I can't believe it. Hope all goes well!

Ohhhh i see, can you please update me how that goes because my manager just called me and he has no clue why it says that, im assuming the manager needs to verify eligibility too.
Reply 18
Ohhhh i see, can you please update me how that goes because my manager just called me and he has no clue why it says that, im assuming the manager needs to verify eligibility too.

I will yeah. I've just got all my other icons on mystuff (ourlounge, myschedule etc), do you have them now? When's your welcome meeting?
I will yeah. I've just got all my other icons on mystuff (ourlounge, myschedule etc), do you have them now? When's your welcome meeting?

All my icons are here and ive already done the ourlounge stuff. Long story short, I was already part of the system till an error came up and my manager said we should do everything again. So i dont have the welcome meeting, but yh. Its just the eligibility thing in blue saying im not eligible, i think he needs to confirm i am lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending