The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA, En suite campus or Barton Hickling Crome?

^which wld u recommend and so the stereotypes hold up
Original post by Anonymous
^which wld u recommend and so the stereotypes hold up

Hi!

If you want an honest opinion - Hickling/Barton/Crome are a bit overrated in terms of what you pay. They're also not looked at in the best way - in my first year anyway, the were thought of as rather upperclass. Ensuite campus is really general and there's so many across campus that there's not many stereotypes around it, we've also just updated some to be ensuite campus plus, which I've heard are quite nice!

Hope that helps!

Becca
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Hi!

If you want an honest opinion - Hickling/Barton/Crome are a bit overrated in terms of what you pay. They're also not looked at in the best way - in my first year anyway, the were thought of as rather upperclass. Ensuite campus is really general and there's so many across campus that there's not many stereotypes around it, we've also just updated some to be ensuite campus plus, which I've heard are quite nice!

Hope that helps!

Becca

Uve made it alot easier, Thankyou!!
I would disagree with B/H/C being overrated depending what you're after. If you enjoy cooking and would appreciate a larger, better equipped kitchen then I think B/H/C cant be beaten. They have slightly smaller bedrooms but are very well thought out in terms of storage. They also are the only flats on campus with a separate living area which is usually half walled off from the kitchen and contains soft chairs. However, if you arent fussed about the lack of proper oven in ensuite campus and would prefer a bigger bedroom then perhaps that is a better option. There used to be a useful comparison sheet on the UEA website which had a table of all the options with things like flat sizes, what the kitchens contain, sizes of rooms etc... If I can find it I'll add a link below
Reply 4
Original post by Emmaclaire4
I would disagree with B/H/C being overrated depending what you're after. If you enjoy cooking and would appreciate a larger, better equipped kitchen then I think B/H/C cant be beaten. They have slightly smaller bedrooms but are very well thought out in terms of storage. They also are the only flats on campus with a separate living area which is usually half walled off from the kitchen and contains soft chairs. However, if you arent fussed about the lack of proper oven in ensuite campus and would prefer a bigger bedroom then perhaps that is a better option. There used to be a useful comparison sheet on the UEA website which had a table of all the options with things like flat sizes, what the kitchens contain, sizes of rooms etc... If I can find it I'll add a link below

thanks for the help :smile: i’m not much of a cook tbh, also if u know, r there many greek students?
Reply 5
Original post by Emmaclaire4

thanks for the help :smile: i’m not much of a cook tbh, also if u know, r there many greek students?
Hi again, sorry for a late reply!
I couldn't answer you about the number of greek students aside from to suggest contacting the UEA Hellenic Society! I've included their SU page and facebook pages :smile:

https://www.uea.su/opportunities/society/10335/
https://www.facebook.com/ueahellenicsociety/
https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/international-students/country-map/greece

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending