The Student Room Group

Northumbria Police Graduate Detective Programme 2021

Hi,

Just wanted to start a thread as cannot find one for applicants on the Northumbria Police Graduate Detective Programme 2021. I have passed the sift and awaiting results from the online interview.

How was your experience?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also waiting to hear back from the interview - it went well, can't really judge it.
Reply 2
Original post by s906
Also waiting to hear back from the interview - it went well, can't really judge it.

Me too, I enjoyed the briefing exercise but felt the interview questions were not steered around specific examples but more general so found it difficult to use the STAR technique :tongue: Wishing you good luck tho!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by h3afterdark
Me too, I enjoyed the briefing exercise but felt the interview questions were not steered around specific examples but more general so found it difficult to use the STAR technique :tongue: Wishing you good luck tho!

I agree! The briefing was fun, however they way the questioned me made me feel like I’d missed loads out. Maybe that’s how it’s supposed to feel! :biggrin:
Thank you for the good luck! Just had an email to say I passed the interview. Good luck to you too!
Reply 4
Original post by s906
I agree! The briefing was fun, however they way the questioned me made me feel like I’d missed loads out. Maybe that’s how it’s supposed to feel! :biggrin:
Thank you for the good luck! Just had an email to say I passed the interview. Good luck to you too!

100% haha and me too! YAAY :biggrin: - will you be doing the assessment centre?
Reply 5
100% haha and me too! YAAY :biggrin: - will you be doing the assessment centre?

I will! Will you?
I’m definitely going to the briefing too
Reply 6
Original post by s906
I will! Will you?
I’m definitely going to the briefing too

Yes to both, however, i havent received any joining instructions, have you?
Reply 7
Yes to both, however, i havent received any joining instructions, have you?

Not yet! I think it's usually the day of the meeting they send them
Reply 8
Original post by s906
Not yet! I think it's usually the day of the meeting they send them

hey s906, how did you find the assessment centre? I honestly cant put a finger on how I performed but I know I struggled in the briefing exercise, felt like i was stuck on repeat haha!
Reply 9
hey s906, how did you find the assessment centre? I honestly cant put a finger on how I performed but I know I struggled in the briefing exercise, felt like i was stuck on repeat haha!

Hey! I found that the interview wasn’t too bad and I used all the time and I really enjoyed the written exercise. However I struggled with the briefing too, I definitely felt like I was repeating myself and still had some time left over too
Original post by s906
Hey! I found that the interview wasn’t too bad and I used all the time and I really enjoyed the written exercise. However I struggled with the briefing too, I definitely felt like I was repeating myself and still had some time left over too

Ah I had alot of time too! I hate this waiting game now though. Do you know how long they said it would be for feedback/ responses? I've read online with other police forces 5/6 weeks! Hoping for good luck for us both!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
Ah I had alot of time too! I hate this waiting game now though. Do you know how long they said it would be for feedback/ responses? I've read online with other police forces 5/6 weeks! Hoping for good luck for us both!

From what I remember they said 2 weeks from the closing date so it should be the 5th. Good luck!
Original post by s906
From what I remember they said 2 weeks from the closing date so it should be the 5th. Good luck!

Fab! fingers crossed for us both! less than 1 week to wait now then eeek! :colone:
Reply 13
Fab! fingers crossed for us both! less than 1 week to wait now then eeek! :colone:

Hey! Did you get your results?
Original post by s906
Hey! Did you get your results?

Hey, yes - I passed! :biggrin:

How did you do?
Reply 15
Hey, yes - I passed! :biggrin:

How did you do?

Congrats! I passed too!
Original post by s906
Congrats! I passed too!

Congrats to you too!

Excited to get started but fear its a long way off with the abundance of checks needed! :wink:
Reply 17
Congrats to you too!

Excited to get started but fear its a long way off with the abundance of checks needed! :wink:

Did you get any acknowledgment email after sending off your conditional offer declaration? I send mine as soon as we got the email but haven’t heard anything!
Original post by s906
Did you get any acknowledgment email after sending off your conditional offer declaration? I send mine as soon as we got the email but haven’t heard anything!

I still haven't had anything back either! No news is often good news, I did receive a load of medical documents that im working through so I assumed that was their acknowledgment haha
I only got the result of the online interview yesterday, and only had it at the end of August. How come people are on different timelines? It looks like people did their interviews months ago?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending