The Student Room Group

i’m too lazy/a big procrastinator

and it’s becoming a problem now. I don’t want to do anything, just lay in bed and use my phone. Whenever i think of my to-do list my energy suddenly just drops and i just sleep.
But then everytime i’m enjoying myself i remember how much i need to get done and i just deep how i’m actually on earth and how i need to finish education and get a job and how i’m just never going to stay how i am rn forever.

How do i get out of this mindset? I’ve got exams to revise for but i literally keep putting it off. I’ve got 4 weeks till my exam and around 6 till school starts again and i want to be prepared

i have no motivation. I want to lose weight too and just fix up but i can only focus on one thing at a time. Literally cooking my own meals, showering and eating and doing basic hygiene drains me out but that’s my definition of an ideal day. But then i realise that can never be it bc i have so many years to get through
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
and it’s becoming a problem now. I don’t want to do anything, just lay in bed and use my phone. Whenever i think of my to-do list my energy suddenly just drops and i just sleep.
But then everytime i’m enjoying myself i remember how much i need to get done and i just deep how i’m actually on earth and how i need to finish education and get a job and how i’m just never going to stay how i am rn forever.

How do i get out of this mindset? I’ve got exams to revise for but i literally keep putting it off. I’ve got 4 weeks till my exam and around 6 till school starts again and i want to be prepared

i have no motivation. I want to lose weight too and just fix up but i can only focus on one thing at a time. Literally cooking my own meals, showering and eating and doing basic hygiene drains me out but that’s my definition of an ideal day. But then i realise that can never be it bc i have so many years to get through

In order to get more motivated to move around more, I'd recommend talking to friends/family and meet up with them!
- If you're constantly feeling sleepy, consider putting together a sleep schedule and place a nap at certain parts of the day to keep yourself going!
- Write a to-do list of things to do, or at least put together a mental list and try to tick off at least one thing every day, and for each one that you do, eat something nice or give yourself some reward time
- With revising and studying, that's just something you have to think about more, eg. try revising for a few minutes and then increasing it each day. Think about how revising and studying now will benefit you in the future! Time only happens once and grades are unfortunately stay with you for most of your life, and you don't want to look back and regret not studying!
- With losing weight and exercise, it's okay to not do too much of that now because you're still growing but maybe try on going on some walks in the summer, maybe once a week or so to keep yourself healthy
- It seems tough right now but try to generally keep in touch with more people and try to spend more time outside. Discuss these problems you're having with frends/family and hopefully everything will sort of fall into place!

Firstly, have you considered speaking to someone about how you are feeling? You might not believe it, but I assure you that you will not feel the way you are feeling right now forever. I think you just need to get into a routine and maintain it.

4-6 weeks is enough time to make a bit of progress.

Follow these steps:
1. Get a hold of your syllabus. This outlines everything you everything you need to know.
2. Find out the dates for all your exams. Write them down somewhere.
3. For each subject, make a list of all the topics you are strong and weak in.
4. Make a timetable. Remember, to include breaks. Within these breaks, do some exercise and eat/drink plenty.
5. Tick off things as you complete them. This will motivate you to carry on.
6. Try to study for at least 3 hours a day and slowly build up your hours. Do not do more than 7-8 hours because you will get burnt out.

Re u a girl ,i wanna make some workout challenge too ,do u have fb , i wouldnt mind to motivate u ,competition is super good to move ur ass and do the work :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest