The Student Room Group

Frustration while talking to girls

It's like that since, well... forever. I feel really uncomfortable while talking to girls. And I don't mean girls you wanna date, but ALL girls in general. Even as a friends, I prefer to have mainly male friends around. Girls are making me kinda frustrated, shy, stressed and I get all sweaty. Does anyone else feel that way?
It is pretty normal what you feel. If you would like we can speak more about it in private messages but what I can say maybe you need to have male friends... Maybe thats what you like and you have more fun

Original post by Anonymous
It's like that since, well... forever. I feel really uncomfortable while talking to girls. And I don't mean girls you wanna date, but ALL girls in general. Even as a friends, I prefer to have mainly male friends around. Girls are making me kinda frustrated, shy, stressed and I get all sweaty. Does anyone else feel that way?
Sounds like a bit of social anxiety.
Reply 3
Original post by Yochahine
It is pretty normal what you feel. If you would like we can speak more about it in private messages but what I can say maybe you need to have male friends... Maybe thats what you like and you have more fun

Maybe. Although that is still a bit concerning. I mean, I prefer to hang with males, my sexuality is gay, but it still shouldn't make me so.. anxious near girls
Reply 4
Original post by urlocalinmate
Sounds like a bit of social anxiety.

Shouldn't social anxiety involve everyone, not just girls??
Maybe. Although that is still a bit concerning. I mean, I prefer to hang with males, my sexuality is gay, but it still shouldn't make me so.. anxious near girls

Yeah I got your point... Is there any specific thing that makes you anxious while you are around girls?
Reply 6
Original post by Yochahine
Yeah I got your point... Is there any specific thing that makes you anxious while you are around girls?

Nothing really specific. I mean, a simple conversation about... ehmm... life for instance is making me feel like sooo shy. I just don't know what to say, just mumbling so ridicules stuff and hoping to get away as quickly as possible. I am running out of topics really quickly due to the stress and even cannot understand what makes me so anxious.
Shouldn't social anxiety involve everyone, not just girls??

I think so, it seems like you have an element of it. I was like this too, in 2016-2018 mostly, and from 2019 onwards, it's everybody. I'm only slightly better at communicating with guys than girls...
Reply 8
Original post by urlocalinmate
I think so, it seems like you have an element of it. I was like this too, in 2016-2018 mostly, and from 2019 onwards, it's everybody. I'm only slightly better at communicating with guys than girls...

Did you somehow get rid of that feeling?
Did you somehow get rid of that feeling?

Occasionally, but it's stuck with me for too long. It's quite common in adolescence apparently.

Hmmm, talk to girls the same way you would talk to your guy friends. Act the same way. Just pretend they're the same.
You don't need to be stressed, it's ok (:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Qxi.xli
Hmmm, talk to girls the same way you would talk to your guy friends. Act the same way. Just pretend they're the same.
You don't need to be stressed, it's ok (:

Believe me, I am trying. i cannot explain that feeling, but it just won't go away. Like something is blocking it
Believe me, I am trying. i cannot explain that feeling, but it just won't go away. Like something is blocking it

Do you have a sister? Do you feel the same way towards her?
Original post by Qxi.xli
Do you have a sister? Do you feel the same way towards her?

No, I'm an only child. But mayhaps it has somethin to do with my mom. We have a pretty poor relationship. EXTRMELY poor tbh.

Don't put women on a pedestal. Many guys lose when they do that.
Nothing really specific. I mean, a simple conversation about... ehmm... life for instance is making me feel like sooo shy. I just don't know what to say, just mumbling so ridicules stuff and hoping to get away as quickly as possible. I am running out of topics really quickly due to the stress and even cannot understand what makes me so anxious.

Oh! I am sorry I dont think that I can help but try to speak with them over the phone maybe you feel less stressed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending