The Student Room Group

Can I do masters degree after doing an apprenticeship degeree

Hi everyone
I’m want to do an apprenticeship degree but after that I would like to do my master in a proper university not a masters degree apprenticeship. It’s that possible. Will university take a degree apprenticeship as an entry requirement. Or I will have to apply with after gaining five years of experience. Because I know you can do your master even without a degree but you will need at least five years of experience.
Short answer, yes, It’s even possible to skip a masters and go straight to a PhD after a degree apprenticeship.

I previously answered this question in more detail here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7059239
Original post by Abi678
Hi everyone
I’m want to do an apprenticeship degree but after that I would like to do my master in a proper university not a masters degree apprenticeship. It’s that possible. Will university take a degree apprenticeship as an entry requirement. Or I will have to apply with after gaining five years of experience. Because I know you can do your master even without a degree but you will need at least five years of experience.

During a degree apprenticeship you get a normal degree. It's exactly the same as a a regular uni student gets. It only takes longer because you're working but it's exactly the same qualification.
If you meet the entry requirements for the Masters they will accept a degree you gained through an apprenticeship because it's a normal degree.
Reply 3
What subject for the degree apprenticeship and for the masters degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending