The Student Room Group

Curious- what happens if you fail a med school exam?

For example the end of year ones?
Reply 1
You get a chance to resit them at some universities, at others you have to resit the entire year.
Reply 2
Original post by Ghostface6001
For example the end of year ones?

Original post by SyedN
You get a chance to resit them at some universities, at others you have to resit the entire year.

And at some, in certain exams, if you fail the resit you will be asked to leave and cannot repeat the year
Reply 3
Original post by GANFYD
And at some, in certain exams, if you fail the resit you will be asked to leave and cannot repeat the year

Did not know that, thank you! If you don't mind answering, what exams are these?
Original post by GANFYD

Woah, is ucl like that
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Woah, is ucat like that

UCAT is an entrance exam for med, you cannot fail that. You can score badly though, which would make it harder to get into med.
Reply 6
Original post by SyedN
Did not know that, thank you! If you don't mind answering, what exams are these?

Many do not operate this policy, but for those that do, it is OSCE exams (or equivalent) that you need to pass
Original post by SyedN
UCAT is an entrance exam for med, you cannot fail that. You can score badly though, which would make it harder to get into med.

My bad meant Newcastle uni, ucl
Reply 8
Original post by GANFYD
Many do not operate this policy, but for those that do, it is OSCE exams (or equivalent) that you need to pass

Thank you!

Oh alright, I do not know so I'll let GANFYD answer this one.
Reply 9

Newcastle do operate this policy and I have no idea about UCL (it's in London, ugh)
Original post by GANFYD
Newcastle do operate this policy and I have no idea about UCL (it's in London, ugh)

Hey ganfyd, ur always helpful, I don’t suppose u have any links to my recent questions?
Reply 11
Hey ganfyd, ur always helpful, I don’t suppose u have any links to my recent questions?

Nope, but try websites and Google
Original post by GANFYD
Nope, but try websites and Google

Ah ok, btw what do u do in uni
Reply 13
Ah ok, btw what do u do in uni

Associate Lecturer

Quick Reply

Latest