The Student Room Group

2021 A/AS Results Day Countdown: today is the day - well done everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Nervous, especially due to the time I had off year 13. Just hoping I can get the grades to get my conditional offer.
Original post by Unknown1232003
How is everyone feeellliinng? Its so close i cant believe it!

No point counting the days.

get prepared, do some research into plan a, plan b, plan c. What to do IF...

other than this find interesting things to do, have a bit of fun and distract yourself.
Original post by katie.weston
Nervous, especially due to the time I had off year 13. Just hoping I can get the grades to get my conditional offer.

Yeah i guess this year has been so unusual! We were in lockdown/isolating more than we were in class lol
dang only 18 days...
Original post by agnos987
dang only 18 days...

Yup🙃
Yeah i guess this year has been so unusual! We were in lockdown/isolating more than we were in class lol

I’m just glad I caught on my coursework and submitted it before the due date, after 4 months off, as a result of my mental health.
Original post by katie.weston
I’m just glad I caught on my coursework and submitted it before the due date, after 4 months off, as a result of my mental health.

Thats really good and you should be so proud of yourself for coping with these challenging times. Best of look :smile:
Original post by SB1234567890
Ours have moved from between 8:00 and 9:30 to go into school to going in between 8:30 and 10:00

My schools has said:

- Results will be available on Pupil Portal from 8:30
- Go into school if you are changing university/course or are in clearing.
- Everyone is going into school regardless from 11:00 for a goodbye.
Good luck to everyone
How is everyone feeellliinng? Its so close i cant believe it!

I felt great until you reminded me there are only 18 days left! :tongue:
Original post by 5hyl33n
I felt great until you reminded me there are only 18 days left! :tongue:

Awh haha i hope you get the grades you want :smile:
Hahah i like how specific this is😂
Awh haha i hope you get the grades you want :smile:

Thank you. I hope you also get the grades you deserve. :smile:
Original post by Akash1234567
My schools has said:

- Results will be available on Pupil Portal from 8:30
- Go into school if you are changing university/course or are in clearing.
- Everyone is going into school regardless from 11:00 for a goodbye.

Results go online at the same time as we can go in but I’d rather get results in person to have friends around. We had a leavers service at the end of May so no one has to go into school
Original post by SB1234567890
Results go online at the same time as we can go in but I’d rather get results in person to have friends around. We had a leavers service at the end of May so no one has to go into school

Oh right that’s fair. 17 days tomorrow. Not long to go. I am worried can’t lie.
Original post by Akash1234567
Oh right that’s fair. 17 days tomorrow. Not long to go. I am worried can’t lie.

Same
Switching to a daily countdown now we’re under 20 days :eek3:
I’m glad it’s getting closer as I keep worrying about it so just want to know my grades and whether I got into uni as soon as possible
@Compost

Hi I need some advice.

So basically my school shared with us the initial list of evidence that was being used for our TAGs (this was shared back in May) and for Maths it indicated that they are only using the mocks we did throughout April & May. They said a final list would be sent out once the TAGs had been submitted and that if there were any changes from the initial list, that they would inform us and allow us to raise any concerns or queries.

So the deadline passed and they never actually shared the final list with us.

Today I went on to the school website to see if I could find anything and to my surprise there is a whole page with the documents regarding TAGs and in the list is the final list of evidence bases they used and so I checked it and the list shows for maths, they are using a set of papers we did for class work back in November 2020 and a set of mocks we did in May 2021 for the evidence. The ones we did in November, most of us performed poorly on yet the head of maths reiterated that they would only use the mocks we did the best on

So there has been a change in the evidence bases used yet we were never informed and lets be honest, we finished school back in May so no one is really gonna check the school website anymore. What really annoys me is that they were not transparent about the whole process (initially they were very transparent and insisted they would inform us if any changes were made before the grade submission deadline). Plus I don't why they resorted to using a set of papers we did as classwork back in November 2020 (which tbf was very early on in Year 13, it was a full A-Level paper and they kept some questions in on topics we had not covered yet). Surely this puts us at a disadvantage and they must have acknowledged this. I still don't get why they chose to use some set of papers we did in November 2020 instead of just sticking to using the 2 full set of mocks we did throughout April & May. Back in November we all performed poorly on those papers as it was our first time doing a full A-Level paper in class or anything similar to that as we never did any mocks in year 12. As well as this, from that point on, we had a good 4 months to improve and surely those improvements would have been shown in the April mocks.

I am really worried that all of us will be screwed over for maths, I am legit worrying rn. Idk what to do, its summer holiday so none of the teachers will be checking their emails, and it annoys me that they did not let us know of the change in evidence bases earlier.

Please can u give me some advice on what course of action I should take, if any?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest