The Student Room Group

University of Edinburgh or University of Sussex

Which one is more fun and easier to make friends at? I don’t need insight on any other aspects of the schools. I would just like to know about the student life.
I live in Sussex, not quite at uni age yet but from my experience of the two places, Sussex has WAYYYY more things to do than Edinburgh when it comes to having fun. The amount of bars and clubs and random things in Brighton especially is literally endless. (Way more people too):blow:
Original post by Anonymous
Which one is more fun and easier to make friends at? I don’t need insight on any other aspects of the schools. I would just like to know about the student life.

Hello,

I've been studying at Sussex for more than 3 years now and have really enjoyed my time here. I liked that the university was diverse, and found people I met through the university were outgoing and friendly.

I loved being on campus as it had a lot of green spaces, and it was very nice being able to walk to the South Downs National Park and have a stroll around during my free time. Also, having easy access to Brighton (less than 10 mins away via train from campus) and the city centre was definitely a bonus for me, as I could go to the beach and relax or go to the city centre whenever I wanted and see what was happening in town. Brighton is a vibrant city with loads of places to explore, with a number of live venues and independent shops. There's definitely a lot of things to do in town and we have a lot of students living in Brighton too so I would say it is easier making friends here.

The University of Sussex is incredibly diverse, with students and staff coming from over 100 different countries. We have more than 200 societies and clubs to choose from (Sports, Societies and Media) and the Student Union is always putting on events where you can find like-minded people and try something new. The campus is surrounded by the South Downs National Park where you can take walks and relax, and the lively city of Brighton is less than 10 mins away from the campus via a train so it's easily accessible to get into town. There's also a number of independent shops and live venues in town to explore. On-campus, we also have a number of shops, bars and cafes run by the Student Union.

You might find it helpful talking to one of our student ambassadors on the UniBuddy chat platform to learn more about the student experience at the University of Sussex.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions!

Kind Regards,
Erica (3rd Year Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Student)
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending