The Student Room Group

Did you take paracetamol before/after your vaccine?

I’m getting my vaccine tomorrow and was told it’s a good idea to take paracetamol before and after? Is this true?
I took it after because it gave me joint pain worse than I normally have.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m getting my vaccine tomorrow and was told it’s a good idea to take paracetamol before and after? Is this true?

You can take ibuprofen shortly before, but what are you taking it for? The bruised arm or the after effects? The bruised arm starts to show up like 4 hours afterwards and the after effects usually come on the next day.
Reply 3
I was on them afterwards because of fever and chills. I'd just wait and see what happens after, you might be fine x
No. Everything was fine.
Reply 5
Original post by DiddyDec
I took it after because it gave me joint pain worse than I normally have.

How long did it last?
Reply 6
Original post by kayinda
I was on them afterwards because of fever and chills. I'd just wait and see what happens after, you might be fine x

How long did it last?
I took it after because I had muscle pain - lasted about 24 hours
Reply 8
How long did it last?

started about 8 hrs after I had the vaccine, lasted overnight for like 5 hours or something. Came back the next evening as well but less bad.
How long did it last?

2 days, but I was also hungover for the first day.
I did, both before and after. With both doses. But I always have very strong reaction to vaccines, including annually with the flu one.

Wss floored for a day, day and a half after each. But would never not choose to take it!
I didn’t take any
no, but i probably should have after my second. had a really bad headache day after
first one i didn't need anything for
(edited 2 years ago)

Before.
Didn’t take or need it in the end - the person who did mine said take if you think you need it :hmmm:
On the other hand, my close friend said when she had it done the guy who did it said take it after so :iiam: she said she didn’t take it in the end either… :hmmmm:
(edited 2 years ago)
Mine was fine, the only side effects I had were a sore arm after the first vaccine then nothing after the second. I’d just wait and see how you react to the vaccine and go from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending