The Student Room Group

How often should you text / call in the talking stage?

Is it normal to go a day or two without talking?

Especially if a person is busy?
Reply 1
Hey! Just my opinion from past experiences, if the person takes a few days to reply i would suggest maybe they aren't as interested as you think? May sound brutal i know, but if someone is really interested in you they would wanna talk as much as possible (especially during the talking stage) and i mean most people always have their phone to hand. Maybe they are busy who knows but be cautious 😊
Reply 2
Original post by B1568
Hey! Just my opinion from past experiences, if the person takes a few days to reply i would suggest maybe they aren't as interested as you think? May sound brutal i know, but if someone is really interested in you they would wanna talk as much as possible (especially during the talking stage) and i mean most people always have their phone to hand. Maybe they are busy who knows but be cautious 😊

So it's actually me, I haven't contacted her for a day or so. She called me at 4am last night but I was asleep. It's my sister's wedding tomorrow so I am really busy.
Original post by Anonymous
So it's actually me, I haven't contacted her for a day or so. She called me at 4am last night but I was asleep. It's my sister's wedding tomorrow so I am really busy.

Explain to her that you're busy and you might not be able to text her for the next couple of days.

Also who calls someone at 4am to talk without texting beforehand lol
(edited 2 years ago)
In my opinion, going a day or two without talking is even better.
Reply 5
Original post by CaptainDuckie
In my opinion, going a day or two without talking is even better.

That's what I was thinking, like I know some people think it's a toxic trait. But I like the whole Chase thing and it's nice that she really wants to talk
Reply 6
Original post by Qxi.xli
Explain to her that you're busy and you might not be able to text her for the next couple of days.

Also who calls someone at 4am to talk without texting beforehand lol

It's not that deep, she has insomnia and she calls me, i don't always pick up lol
Original post by Anonymous
That's what I was thinking, like I know some people think it's a toxic trait. But I like the whole Chase thing and it's nice that she really wants to talk

Not only that but it stops you from just taking your conversations for granted.

Allows you to come back with new and fresh updates and it makes things exciting.
Reply 8
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Not only that but it stops you from just taking your conversations for granted.

Allows you to come back with new and fresh updates and it makes things exciting.

For sure, thanks. I just wanted to make sure I'm not acting like I'm not interested. We spoke the other day and she knows I'm busy so hopefully she misses me if anything haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending