The Student Room Group

Year 10 in September

So i got into combined science trilogy and i want to get a head start for year 10. What shall I study in summer? Are there any topics you guys have previously found hard whilst in Year 10?. I just want to get a grip early or even move to triple science after the mock results in year 10. Thank you guys.
We want to be ahead but don't spend your summer studying. Enjoy the free time while you can. you will wish you did when you start in September. Trust me I know I was the same kind of student as you.
Original post by JosephJ1234
So i got into combined science trilogy and i want to get a head start for year 10. What shall I study in summer? Are there any topics you guys have previously found hard whilst in Year 10?. I just want to get a grip early or even move to triple science after the mock results in year 10. Thank you guys.

I probably can't give the exact answer you were after because my year 10 was disrupted by the lockdown so lot's of the syllabus was changed and we missed some topics I have since caught up with myself. The thing I would recommend most is using a website such as BBC Bitesize which should help as you can read the information for the topics (in order) that your exam board includes in the syllabus.

Best of luck for your GCSE years, you'll probably find it very hard at times but keep going. Hard work pays off in the end.
My biggest tip would be to not leave revision or any homework until the night before! Your time management will be put to the test.
Original post by green pea
We want to be ahead but don't spend your summer studying. Enjoy the free time while you can. you will wish you did when you start in September. Trust me I know I was the same kind of student as you.!

Thank you for the advice
Original post by Sempai569
I probably can't give the exact answer you were after because my year 10 was disrupted by the lockdown so lot's of the syllabus was changed and we missed some topics I have since caught up with myself. The thing I would recommend most is using a website such as BBC Bitesize which should help as you can read the information for the topics (in order) that your exam board includes in the syllabus.

Best of luck for your GCSE years, you'll probably find it very hard at times but keep going. Hard work pays off in the end.
My biggest tip would be to not leave revision or any homework until the night before! Your time management will be put to the test.

Thanks mate
Reply 5
I feel you! I get really bored of summer and would kick myself if I'm not prepared for the next year even when I have loads of time!

Quick Reply

Latest