The Student Room Group

Regards to anyone that studied pharmacy with BTEC’s

Hi there,

Has anyone studied pharmacy with BTEC applied science?
(Original post by Catttttt)Hi there,

Hey @Catttttt

Two of my friends do pharmacy and did it via an access to science course after taking a break from education and then deciding what they wanted to do. It's 100% possible. When I was in first year, the Uni provided extra classes to those who had not completed A-level biology. First year definitely help to bring everybody to a level playing field as people had to come from different educational backgrounds. I really wouldn't let doing a BTEC put you off!

I hope this helps you and reassures you! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can help with.
From,

Amina 😊
3rd year pharmacy student
Reply 2
@Amina thank you very much for the response. I wanted to do A-levels, but then didn’t manage to get the grades to do it at GCSE’s.
Original post by Catttttt
@Amina thank you very much for the response. I wanted to do A-levels, but then didn’t manage to get the grades to do it at GCSE’s.

How far off were you!
Original post by Catttttt
Hi there,

Yes! I love Dtech check out my site
f14kbababy.wixsite.com/lgbtambassador
Reply 5
Original post by UniofReading
(Original post by Catttttt)Hi there,

Hey @Catttttt

Two of my friends do pharmacy and did it via an access to science course after taking a break from education and then deciding what they wanted to do. It's 100% possible. When I was in first year, the Uni provided extra classes to those who had not completed A-level biology. First year definitely help to bring everybody to a level playing field as people had to come from different educational backgrounds. I really wouldn't let doing a BTEC put you off!

I hope this helps you and reassures you! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can help with.
From,

Amina 😊
3rd year pharmacy student
Hey do you mind sharing what university they went to? I’m currently searching for ones that accept btec without a levels x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending