The Student Room Group

I can’t move on

I want him back..
Original post by Anonymous
I want him back..

Just go to sleep and see how you feel tomorrow.
(edited 2 years ago)
You can move on, just wait and see. It'll pass.
Reply 3
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Just go to sleep and see how you feel tomorrow.

I’ve been trying to do that for the past month unfortunately it hasn’t worked
I’ve been trying to do that for the past month unfortunately it hasn’t worked

It clearly has if you’ve come this far. Just go to sleep again tonight.
(edited 2 years ago)
Why did you break up then?
Reply 6
Original post by urlocalinmate
Why did you break up then?

He decided to because we’re too far apart, and doesn’t want to be friends because it’s upsetting, but I really miss talking to him.
He decided to because we’re too far apart, and doesn’t want to be friends because it’s upsetting, but I really miss talking to him.

Oh right. There was a problem, and not one that can be solved with relative ease, hence why he broke up. Cutting off an ex is the best thing to do in the long run. A month isn't a long time, you will get over him after a few more months. I understand that it's hard to come to terms with, but it was for the best. Things would have been worse if you stayed friends. I'm very sure you'll find someone who you connect with in the future.
(edited 2 years ago)
If you're looking at pictures, stop looking at pictures. Erase all trace of him, all the texts and block him on social media. Then go out and enjoy yourself as best you can. You'll get over him quicker.
Reply 9
Original post by urlocalinmate
Oh right. There was a problem, and not one that can be solved with relative ease, hence why he broke up. Cutting off an ex is the best thing to do in the long run. A month isn't a long time, you will get over him after a few more months. I understand that it's hard to come to terms with, but it was for the best. Things would have been worse if you stayed friends. I'm very sure you'll find someone who you connect with in the future.

I guess what you’re saying is true. I just feel so upset and angry about it all the time, literally everything I look at reminds me of him. I know I’ll never be able to open up to anyone like I did with him because he was perfect.
Thanks for the advice though.
Original post by chlamydia9000
If you're looking at pictures, stop looking at pictures. Erase all trace of him, all the texts and block him on social media. Then go out and enjoy yourself as best you can. You'll get over him quicker.

I have blocked him and deleted most things but I want to hold onto certain precious memories because I actually loved him, I still do and probably always will, my first ever love.
I have blocked him and deleted most things but I want to hold onto certain precious memories because I actually loved him, I still do and probably always will, my first ever love.

I know how it feels, I feel the same about my first girlfriend. At the very least put the pictures on USB stick and mementos in a box and then put it somewhere awkward to access.
I want him back..

Presumably you're young. Time will make you stronger and will give you a greater idea of what you need from a relationship and you'll more easily find a partner who fits in with priorities.
Original post by chlamydia9000
I know how it feels, I feel the same about my first girlfriend. At the very least put the pictures on USB stick and mementos in a box and then put it somewhere awkward to access.

I’ll try that, I just can’t help thinking of him though.
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
Presumably you're young. Time will make you stronger and will give you a greater idea of what you need from a relationship and you'll more easily find a partner who fits in with priorities.

I guess I am young but I really don’t think I’ll find anyone like him, I just know I won’t. Maybe I’ll find someone who fits in with my priorities but that’s not all that matters.
I guess I am young but I really don’t think I’ll find anyone like him, I just know I won’t. Maybe I’ll find someone who fits in with my priorities but that’s not all that matters.

There are billions of people who live on this planet. It's a bit of cliche to say "you won't find another one like him", because really you can find someone like him or even better.

The fact he left you shows that he wasn't the right one anyway. I've seen a lot of young people who really want their ex back in their lives and immediately I think to myself they don't have enough self-respect.

Don't get me wrong, as a man I've been clingy and refusing to let go-but that just results in more misery and hardship. Standing up straight and letting the world around you know what you want and what you expect is the best way to get respect. You can't find respect if you keep chasing something you may never get back.
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
There are billions of people who live on this planet. It's a bit of cliche to say "you won't find another one like him", because really you can find someone like him or even better.

The fact he left you shows that he wasn't the right one anyway. I've seen a lot of young people who really want their ex back in their lives and immediately I think to myself they don't have enough self-respect.

Don't get me wrong, as a man I've been clingy and refusing to let go-but that just results in more misery and hardship. Standing up straight and letting the world around you know what you want and what you expect is the best way to get respect. You can't find respect if you keep chasing something you may never get back.

I suppose it does sound cliche but he was honestly amazing.

I understand why he decided we should break up, the circumstances were such, but maybe I was just desperate to make things work no matter what.

Thank you for your words, I guess I just need to pull myself together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending