The Student Room Group

How many apprenticeships should I apply for?

How many apprenticeships should I apply for? I’m thinking of applying for level 7 solicitor apprenticeships but unsure on how many I should apply for. They are very competitive so I don’t want to risk not applying to enough.

How many apprenticeships do people typically apply for?
Original post by Studysuma
How many apprenticeships should I apply for? I’m thinking of applying for level 7 solicitor apprenticeships but unsure on how many I should apply for. They are very competitive so I don’t want to risk not applying to enough.

How many apprenticeships do people typically apply for?

I applied for all the apprenticeships that I wanted to do. You start with the best ones and work your way down until the applications close.
Reply 2
Original post by Hoc est Bellum
I applied for all the apprenticeships that I wanted to do. You start with the best ones and work your way down until the applications close.

Thanks for replying! So how many altogether did you end up applying for? I really want to be successful with my applications and before I even start an application I need to research the company in depth so I kinda wanted an idea on how many I should aim for :smile:
Thanks for replying! So how many altogether did you end up applying for? I really want to be successful with my applications and before I even start an application I need to research the company in depth so I kinda wanted an idea on how many I should aim for :smile:

I was planning on applying for many but I only ended up applying for 5-6 before I managed to get an offer from my most preferred apprenticeship.

Law apprenticeships are new and quite competitive so I would probably aim for about 8 high quality applications.
Reply 5
Original post by Hoc est Bellum
Law apprenticeships are new and quite competitive so I would probably aim for about 8 high quality applications.

Thank you, it’s difficult to know around how many I should be since it’s so competitive. This helped a lot thanks for your time
Thank you, it’s difficult to know around how many I should be since it’s so competitive. This helped a lot thanks for your time

I'm happy to help with any other questions you may have. My apprenticeship is in software engineering though so I may not be able to answer law specific questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending