The Student Room Group

GCSE Art textiles

Hi, I want to get my own big sketchbook for year 10 would that be weird would I stand out?

Scroll to see replies

If you feel like it will benefit you, I don't see why not :smile:

I'm also going into yr10 but not taking art.

If it will help you keep organised, I think it will be a good thing.

I'm getting additional workbooks/organisers for music GCSE, and the key reason is to get grades and if it works it works :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06
If you feel like it will benefit you, I don't see why not :smile:

I'm also going into yr10 but not taking art.

If it will help you keep organised, I think it will be a good thing.

I'm getting additional workbooks/organisers for music GCSE, and the key reason is to get grades and if it works it works :smile:

What textbooks are you getting?
Original post by Glemon
What textbooks are you getting?

For music I'm getting theory books, folders and composition sheets :smile: are you taking music?
Reply 4
For music I'm getting theory books, folders and composition sheets :smile: are you taking music?

No. I'm taking:
GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature
GCSE Mathematics
GCSE Separate Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
GCSE Religious Studies
GCSE Art Textiles
GCSE German
GCSE History
BTEC Creative Media Production
Original post by Glemon
No. I'm taking:
GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature
GCSE Mathematics
GCSE Separate Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
GCSE Religious Studies
GCSE Art Textiles
GCSE German
GCSE History
BTEC Creative Media Production

You're taking so many omgggg
I'm taking:
GCSE Mathematics
GCSE English
GCSE Combined Science
GCSE Religion, Philosophy and Ethics
GCSE Spanish
GCSE Music
GCSE Drama
and I was going to take GCSE French but they wouldn't allow me
Reply 6
You're taking so many omgggg
I'm taking:
GCSE Mathematics
GCSE English
GCSE Combined Science
GCSE Religion, Philosophy and Ethics
GCSE Spanish
GCSE Music
GCSE Drama
and I was going to take GCSE French but they wouldn't allow me

Without trying to sound condescending, I didn't know you could take just 7. It will be a big transition in terms of subject amounts.
Original post by Glemon
Without trying to sound condescending, I didn't know you could take just 7. It will be a big transition in terms of subject amounts.

It's fine I understand :smile:
School's a bit different where I go, I go to a music school and musicians there aren't allowed to do combined science and they're only allowed to choose 3 subjects, one of them must be music practise. It's so annoying.
Reply 8
It's fine I understand :smile:
School's a bit different where I go, I go to a music school and musicians there aren't allowed to do combined science and they're only allowed to choose 3 subjects, one of them must be music practise. It's so annoying.

That's sooooo cool you go to music school. You must be super talented! Do you go to the Brit school?
Original post by Glemon

Also (this is also annoying), at the beginning of yr9 I was forced to drop history, pe, geography, ict, art, food studies among other subjects
Original post by Glemon
That's sooooo cool you go to music school. You must be super talented! Do you go to the Brit school?

I go to WCS in Somerset, UK :smile:
Reply 11
Also (this is also annoying), at the beginning of yr9 I was forced to drop history, pe, geography, ict, art, food studies among other subjects

That sucks! But you can definitely keep watching documentaries and reading articles.
Reply 12
I go to WCS in Somerset, UK :smile:

I'm in London.
Original post by Glemon
That sucks! But you can definitely keep watching documentaries and reading articles.

Yeah :smile: Music's great though, I don't regret it :smile:
Original post by Glemon
I'm in London.

Ohh nice :smile: I live in New Forest but go to Wells. I want to go to Menuhin though :smile:
Reply 15
Ohh nice :smile: I live in New Forest but go to Wells. I want to go to Menuhin though :smile:

I've been to the New Forest a few times, it was fun. I saw a dead baby adder, interesting.
Original post by Glemon
I've been to the New Forest a few times, it was fun. I saw a dead baby adder, interesting.

Oh LMAOO there are always dead animals here :/ I've only been to London once, I really want to go back though :smile:
Reply 17
Oh LMAOO there are always dead animals here :/ I've only been to London once, I really want to go back though :smile:

Where did you go?
Original post by Glemon
Where did you go?

Where all the tourists go lol, went to London Bridge, London Eye, Big Ben, walk along the Thames really lol
Reply 19
We deffo walk along the Thames a lot but I don't do that other stuff much. I have been to the London Eye quite a few times.

Quick Reply

Latest