The Student Room Group

My mum does want me to stay in London

ughhh again that time in year. My mum is a obstacle to where I want to be in Liverpool. I accepted a London met place and basically she is happy and I am sort of content with it because its the same thing. Like, hearing her saying that staying in London is the best is just demotivation like I build a foundation in pool and all the sudden she does not want me to move back to Liverpool for the second year. What am I gonna do with my complicated mother that only wants me to study and not experience a full uni instead its half and I'm not confident with it?
It is your life and your future- you have the right to choose your own uni & study course. :smile:
Regardless of your mother's opinions.
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you.
Good luck!
Original post by londonmyst
It is your life and your future- you have the right to choose your own uni & study course. :smile:
Regardless of your mother's opinions.
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you.
Good luck!

Well im nearly 23 and yet I am submitted to my mum's happiness and its like I have to accept this to just make her happy and if I reject it behind her back she will tell me off for making a wrong choice and make me want to regret it in which I won't.
Original post by MohamedAdan
Well im nearly 23 and yet I am submitted to my mum's happiness and its like I have to accept this to just make her happy and if I reject it behind her back she will tell me off for making a wrong choice and make me want to regret it in which I won't.

It is your choice to make as an adult.
It will be your degree, your student finance debt and your future career.
Don't feel obligated to always do what your mother wants or other people demand that you do.
Good luck!
Reply 4
Liverpool and London aren't that far from each other, you could still visit. You are an adult, do whatever the hell you want.
Original post by Glemon
Liverpool and London aren't that far from each other, you could still visit. You are an adult, do whatever the hell you want.

Yh except when I got a Muslim mother and me as well and most of my family disapproves that. Another thing when she says its final and you can't change it then that's it you can't. Its just so disheartened and so annoying to be saying the same thing over and over again.
Reply 6
Yh except when I got a Muslim mother and me as well and most of my family disapproves that. Another thing when she says its final and you can't change it then that's it you can't. Its just so disheartened and so annoying to be saying the same thing over and over again.

At the end of the day, you are an adult and she can't tell you what to do. If you want to move you can move. Though I know that moving away from family can be difficult.
Original post by Glemon
At the end of the day, you are an adult and she can't tell you what to do. If you want to move you can move. Though I know that moving away from family can be difficult.

Yh exactly. Like I don't have to owe my family anything at all like I'm getting older and older. I'm getting bored of PR now so I rather do whatever I got to do. Btw, If I do go back to Liverpool will be there any new lockdown or restrictions if new deaths and cases are rising up and making the government concerned because my mum keeps telling me that they have to go back to lockdown if people do not behave.
Reply 8
Yh exactly. Like I don't have to owe my family anything at all like I'm getting older and older. I'm getting bored of PR now so I rather do whatever I got to do. Btw, If I do go back to Liverpool will be there any new lockdown or restrictions if new deaths and cases are rising up and making the government concerned because my mum keeps telling me that they have to go back to lockdown if people do not behave.

If you are living with your parents in London, you could find a flatshare for a while until you can go back to Liverpool.
Original post by Glemon
If you are living with your parents in London, you could find a flatshare for a while until you can go back to Liverpool.

Yh but it’s expensive you know and about a month to go, I still don’t know.
Reply 10
Yh but it’s expensive you know and about a month to go, I still don’t know.

If you have a job and you share it with a few people you could probably do it if you really want to.
Original post by Glemon
If you have a job and you share it with a few people you could probably do it if you really want to.

Yh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending