The Student Room Group

Restaurants that take cash in london

Is there any nice restaurants where I can pay by cash?
Original post by Learner777

Just about everywhere will be happy to take cash off you. Best to give a rough area of London and you price range and foody preferences if you want advice, its a BIG diverse city.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Just about everywhere will be happy to take cash off you. Best to give a rough area of London and you price range and foody preferences if you want advice, its a BIG diverse city.

The majority of restaurants I see take only online payments it’s very hard to find one which takes cash. I was thinking of Covent Garden
The majority of restaurants I see take only online payments it’s very hard to find one which takes cash. I was thinking of Covent Garden

Is this card only, or card preferred? I can't see most restaurants turning away customers, especially when they're keener than ever to take customers. Also, online payments? Are you talking about delivery?
Reply 4
Original post by MatthewAteYou
Is this card only, or card preferred? I can't see most restaurants turning away customers, especially when they're keener than ever to take customers. Also, online payments? Are you talking about delivery?

No sorry mobile payments so no physical card you have to use your phone.
Not heard of anywhere knocking back cash, they might discourage it but if they REFUSE it, well, that puts them in a difficult situation as a business.
No sorry mobile payments so no physical card you have to use your phone.

Oh, gotcha!

I’d try smaller restaurants rather than chains… chances are a) they’re nicer and b) they won’t be using any of that sort of software.
Reply 7
Original post by MatthewAteYou
Oh, gotcha!

I’d try smaller restaurants rather than chains… chances are a) they’re nicer and b) they won’t be using any of that sort of software.

Thank you!

Didn't think drug dealers could apply for SEISS so I'm surprised you've got much cash left to splurge by now
I was thinking of Covent Garden

Ok, how many people and what sort of foodie preferences ? With your mates out for fun or a quiet dinner with mum n dad ? Covent Garden and the surrounding area is just rammed with places.
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Ok, how many people and what sort of foodie preferences ? With your mates out for fun or a quiet dinner with mum n dad ? Covent Garden and the surrounding area is just rammed with places.

With two friends doesnt matter whether fun or quiet
Original post by Justvisited
Didn't think drug dealers could apply for SEISS so I'm surprised you've got much cash left to splurge by now

I just got money saved over from my bday I’m great at saving money
Some restaurants actually have cash only signs in their window or offer discounts for customers who pay by cash.
There's so much to choose from, pick when you get there. I would suggest having a word with the waiter before getting a table about the payment methods they accept.
Original post by glassalice
Some restaurants actually have cash only signs in their window or offer discounts for customers who pay by cash.
There's so much to choose from, pick when you get there. I would suggest having a word with the waiter before getting a table about the payment methods they accept.

Yeh that’s what I was thinking of. I was just scared of being turned down thank u tho
Yeh that’s what I was thinking of. I was just scared of being turned down thank u tho

Restaurants want your money, they don't want to turn customers down unless they have to.
Have more confidence, it will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest