The Student Room Group

i think i wanna go into psychology at uni

any advise to know whether i’ll like it
Reply 1
I think if you are good at memorizing, you can ace it
Original post by eloiselilyyy
any advise to know whether i’ll like it

Hi Eloise :smile:

It's great to hear you are considering Psychology at uni. I am a second year Psychology student going into my placement year, hopefully I can be of some help! Have you studied Psychology before, or is it completely new to you? Psychology was completely new to me before sixth form :smile: I would suggest researching about a Psychology degree, what it involves etc. You can also watch videos about Psychology such as Freud and Pavlov and see if this interests you. This way you can tell if you're going to enjoying learning about Psychology because if you enjoy watching it, I can guarantee you'll love studying it!

If you have any questions please let me know!

Becca
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi Eloise :smile:

It's great to hear you are considering Psychology at uni. I am a second year Psychology student going into my placement year, hopefully I can be of some help! Have you studied Psychology before, or is it completely new to you? Psychology was completely new to me before sixth form :smile: I would suggest researching about a Psychology degree, what it involves etc. You can also watch videos about Psychology such as Freud and Pavlov and see if this interests you. This way you can tell if you're going to enjoying learning about Psychology because if you enjoy watching it, I can guarantee you'll love studying it!

If you have any questions please let me know!

Becca

hi becca. i’m going into year 13 studying psychology i really like the subject and am definitely going to study it at uni. any advice about any good psychology books for my free time or anything about personal statements would help a lot thanks.
Original post by eloiselilyyy
hi becca. i’m going into year 13 studying psychology i really like the subject and am definitely going to study it at uni. any advice about any good psychology books for my free time or anything about personal statements would help a lot thanks.

Hey :smile:

That's great to hear! I would suggest reading the Lucifer Effect which is about the Stanford Prison Experiment. I loved this book and also absolutely love watching the film :smile: In regards to personal statements, I started mine off with an overview into Psychology, I said about why I'm passionate about it, how all my subjects can relate to it and also made sure to touch on any of my hobbies so they really got a sense of who I am! This is a really good guide to help you with writing your personal statement: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/how-write-ucas-undergraduate-personal-statement.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions or need further info!

Becca

Quick Reply

Latest