The Student Room Group

Girlfriend

What is it like having a girlfriend in university?
This brings me to another question, do you think it's a good idea to be in relationship in university?
Original post by Anonymous
What is it like having a girlfriend in university?
This brings me to another question, do you think it's a good idea to be in relationship in university?

Maybe , depends on the girl u gonna pick
It depends.

A lot of people at university just want to have fun and go out a lot, so they wouldn't really want to be in a relationship.

Other people want to focus on their studies and don't have time for a relationship.

I wouldn't go into university actively looking for a girlfriend, but if it happens it happens.
Reply 3
Ahhh. I see
Reply 4
Original post by KylieIsBored
It depends.

A lot of people at university just want to have fun and go out a lot, so they wouldn't really want to be in a relationship.

Other people want to focus on their studies and don't have time for a relationship.

I wouldn't go into university actively looking for a girlfriend, but if it happens it happens.

ahhhh. I totally understand that
Reply 5
Original post by Alexis55
Maybe , depends on the girl u gonna pick

As someone who is single all his life, I doubt I would even have a girlfriend in university ahahahahah
If the relationship is strong and you're loyal to your partner then going to uni shouldn't change that.
Reply 7
Original post by Moonlight rain
If the relationship is strong and you're loyal to your partner then going to uni shouldn't change that.

I think you might have misunderstood the question, what if I get a girlfriend in university (fyi, I am single :0)
I think you might have misunderstood the question, what if I get a girlfriend in university (fyi, I am single :0)

Im telling you that it'll be okay if you're loyal and the relationship is strong
Reply 9
Original post by Moonlight rain
Im telling you that it'll be okay if you're loyal and the relationship is strong

Ohhhhhh. I understand what you mean now
Depends on the person their priorities and age. But typically most will favour friendships more than anything, so don't push it or intentionally look for a partner, it will happen at it's own pace. Some uni relationships last others won't, depends on a variety of factors.
Original post by Baby_Stitch
Depends on the person their priorities and age. But typically most will favour friendships more than anything, so don't push it or intentionally look for a partner, it will happen at it's own pace. Some uni relationships last others won't, depends on a variety of factors.

I completely understand after how many times I bottled the chances in high school. I hope I do better
I completely understand after how many times I bottled the chances in high school. I hope I do better

What do you mean? With relationships or friendships?
Original post by Baby_Stitch
What do you mean? With relationships or friendships?

Relationship. Rejections from all my crushes😓
Relationship. Rejections from all my crushes😓

High School is often not the best place for relationships, most fail or fade once pupils leave. Focus on making friends at university, and if they naturally progress to a relationship then that's great if not you have made friends. You are still very young so don't need to worry.
tbh, you’re obviously more likely to get into a relationship since you’re more independent.

you might just be lonely. just make sure you get your work done before all the fun.
Reply 16
I found it more of a water water everywhere, but not a drop to drink experience. If you're sociable, popular or had dating experience before, then it's fairly easy but aside from more opportunities, uni doesn't magically get you a girlfriend or sexual partners. Lots of people have their first relationship at uni which other stem from a casual arrangement or plain friendships as others have said but relationships do require work and can be detrimental if you neglect your work solely in favour of them.

It can be good to have someone that cares about you and whom you can share intimacy with but it's not the be all or end all of uni life..
As someone who is single all his life, I doubt I would even have a girlfriend in university ahahahahah

Well ,I am single due to being selective
Also if u have a serious major that needs more attention ,no need to waste ur time on some chick that will make u a headache :redface:

Otherwise ,if its ur destiny ,you ll find the right one for u at univ ,at graduation ,or at ur work ,,, so dont make it big deal dude :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending