The Student Room Group

what do I do to be attractive?

Is it something I can do anything about or should I just not bother? I'm a straight guy btw.

Scroll to see replies

Questions you might want to ask yourself:

- How's my hair, does it complement my face shape?
- What's my skin like? Am I using the right moisturizer for my skin type?
- Are my eyebrows messy (if so, trim the edges)?
- Is my facial hair patchy?
- Am I at a healthy weight?
- Do I smell good?
- How's my posture?
Reply 2
make the money
Reply 3
Ask someone who knows you, strangers on the internet can't tell you
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by aliciana
make the money

if I had no money and attracted a girl, I would prefer her over someone that I had attracted with money.
Reply 5
Original post by urlocalinmate
Questions you might want to ask yourself:

- Do I smell good?
- How's my posture?

oh ok thanks for the help

I have a heart shaped face and long hair (for a guy at least) but I don't know what you mean exactly

My skin's ok I guess, I do not moisturise but I have clear skin, I don't know how I stack up against the competition though, maybe other guys have better skin idk.

Nope, reasonably neat lol

Yep but I don't grow it anyway

Yes and my main interest is swimming which I do all year long so I'm healthy overall

- Do I smell good?
I wear deodorant daily and freshly washed clothes so I think I smell like a normal person

- How's my posture?
lol I don't know...?
Reply 6
Original post by CaptainDuckie
if I had no money and attracted a girl, I would prefer her over someone that I had attracted with money.

I know, but this guy is desperate, so desperate measures need to be taken
Reply 7
Original post by Max1989
Ask someone who knows you, strangers on the internet can't tell you

It's kinda embarrassing
Reply 8

mm not desperate just curious and shy perhaps...

there are more logical measures to follow.
work on your confidence
Original post by Anonymous
oh ok thanks for the help

I have a heart shaped face and long hair (for a guy at least) but I don't know what you mean exactly

My skin's ok I guess, I do not moisturise but I have clear skin, I don't know how I stack up against the competition though, maybe other guys have better skin idk.

Nope, reasonably neat lol

Yep but I don't grow it anyway

Yes and my main interest is swimming which I do all year long so I'm healthy overall

- Do I smell good?
I wear deodorant daily and freshly washed clothes so I think I smell like a normal person

- How's my posture?
lol I don't know...?

You sound all good then. Some hairstyles don't complement and just exaggerate face shapes, e.g. buzz cut on a round face. As for posture, it probably is fine anyway, you can search up what a bad posture looks like as it's unattractive.
Confidence makes a guy x100 more attractive.
Original post by KylieIsBored
work on your confidence

Original post by Qxi.xli
Confidence makes a guy x100 more attractive.

can you be a little more specific guys?
I'm myself but I don't seem to attract anyone so I must be doing something wrong or Idk
It's kinda embarrassing

Well you may be a male model we don't know, you may be the greatest comedian on earth we don't know, no one can tell you your faults (if you have any) but the people who have to live with them everyday
can you be a little more specific guys?

The less you care about them, the more obsessed they become.
Coming from experience lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
We don't know what the starting point is, you could already be attractive to most.
Personally, looks isn't a defining factor in attraction, it's rather everyone is the same looking until a connection makes them stand out. What's really attractive is the person, someone who's able to have a calm laid back conversation and just easy to talk to without effort. Having an interest/hobby that they enjoy discussing whether we share it or not. Being kind, polite, respectful to family etc...
That's the best strategy. Even if you don't attract as many people that way, it's better to do that than to attract a larger number of people by trying to be someone else. They'll figure out that you're not someone else sooner or later so not being yourself is a bit pointless.
Is it something I can do anything about or should I just not bother? I'm a straight guy btw.

Listen, you could be a 10, but if your personality’s trash, that isn’t attractive.

For a good personality, the main thing I’d say is to be a good listener and a mindful talker. That’s basically it. Yeah confidence and generosity is nice but that happens naturally if you’re a good conversationalist and decent person in general.

I’m a girl by the way.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending