The Student Room Group

Nursing Summer holidays LJMU

Does anyone have any idea what the summer holidays are for Adult Nursing John Moore, I am starting in Jan 2022
Original post by ShannonFlorida90
Does anyone have any idea what the summer holidays are for Adult Nursing John Moore, I am starting in Jan 2022

@Emily_B any further advise as you'll probably know how english university system work for this more than myself as I'm only use to September intake's.

You won't get holidays like schools/colleges as student nurse.

Your holidays are generally at end if each trimester / semester. You'll only get 6 weeks over the whole academic year.
If you started say in September then your holidays would be :- 2 weeks Xmas/New Year, then around 10 days at Easter ( universities finishes week later than schools/colleges), week to 10 days at end of August prior to starting next academic year in September. You'll get time of for exams preparation, plus reading weeks.

You'll have better idea once you start in January as you'll get your timetable.

A NHS dual adult nurse and midwife x
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ShannonFlorida90

Hi! I didn't train at LJMU, but work with people who did.
To add to what Allyson's said, September intakes in England are pretty much the same as Scotland (ie Christmas/new year off, then Easter off and 2 weeks over summer). Jan/Feb/March intakes are basically offset versions of the September intakes in that you go out on placement a similar amount of time after starting theory, but your holidays are the same ie a couple of weeks at Christmas, Easter and over the summer. You basically will get a couple of weeks at some point, probably August, rather than 2-3 months off. When that ends up being varies from year to year

Original post by Allyson2020
@Emily_B any further advise as you'll probably know how english university system work for this more than myself as I'm only use to September intake's.

You won't get holidays like schools/colleges as student nurse.

Your holidays are generally at end if each trimester / semester. You'll only get 6 weeks over the whole academic year.
If you started say in September then your holidays would be :- 2 weeks Xmas/New Year, then around 10 days at Easter ( universities finishes week later than schools/colleges), week to 10 days at end of August prior to starting next academic year in September. You'll get time of for exams preparation, plus reading weeks.

You'll have better idea once you start in January as you'll get your timetable.

A NHS dual adult nurse and midwife x
Original post by Emily_B
Hi! I didn't train at LJMU, but work with people who did.
To add to what Allyson's said, September intakes in England are pretty much the same as Scotland (ie Christmas/new year off, then Easter off and 2 weeks over summer). Jan/Feb/March intakes are basically offset versions of the September intakes in that you go out on placement a similar amount of time after starting theory, but your holidays are the same ie a couple of weeks at Christmas, Easter and over the summer. You basically will get a couple of weeks at some point, probably August, rather than 2-3 months off. When that ends up being varies from year to year

Thanks Emily for sort of clearing this up for me as I sort of understand how things with a January intake works in England.
There's only a handful of courses at certain universities up here that take a January intake for courses as they now started a Masters course for midwifing which is for January intake which is 3 years course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending