The Student Room Group

A level psychology

I haven’t done gcse psych so will this be a disadvantage?
Nope defo not! Most people don’t do gcse psych (I didn’t) and it’s absolutely fine. You learn everything you need to know on the course and it requires no prior knowledge or understanding x
Original post by Vetofferholder1
Nope defo not! Most people don’t do gcse psych (I didn’t) and it’s absolutely fine. You learn everything you need to know on the course and it requires no prior knowledge or understanding x

Calm, did u find it interesting?
Original post by Ghostface6001

My youngest is about to start psych A level and she has not done it gcse either. Other students that are in higher years than her have found it fine :smile:

Absolutely loved it! It was my fav out of my a levels and because I found it so interesting I actually enjoyed studying and revising it. The content actually went in because I enjoyed it so much and didn’t see it as a chore to study. I didn’t do it for gcse and am on track for an A* on results day :smile:
Absolutely loved it! It was my fav out of my a levels and because I found it so interesting I actually enjoyed studying and revising it. The content actually went in because I enjoyed it so much and didn’t see it as a chore to study. I didn’t do it for gcse and am on track for an A* on results day :smile:

Wow well done, I’m starting in sep any tips
nope, most schools don't offer it as a gcse- i did at a level and found it really straightforward and got an A* :smile: as long as you're revising the content regularly you'll be ok
Wow well done, I’m starting in sep any tips

Keep on top of your work, I know everyone says it but for psychology it’s really important. The content itself generally isn’t hard, there’s just a lot of it and you need to know the details so learn as you go. The difference between the A and A* grade is the level of detail like knowing researchers names to evaluate your points etc. Practice questions also really help you to learn the styles of questions and how you answer them aswell as finding the gaps in your knowledge! Good luck x
Keep on top of your work, I know everyone says it but for psychology it’s really important. The content itself generally isn’t hard, there’s just a lot of it and you need to know the details so learn as you go. The difference between the A and A* grade is the level of detail like knowing researchers names to evaluate your points etc. Practice questions also really help you to learn the styles of questions and how you answer them aswell as finding the gaps in your knowledge! Good luck x

Thanks, I heard the exam questions are straight forward is this true?
Thanks, I heard the exam questions are straight forward is this true?

Yes relatively, you will get the odd strangely worded one but mainly in those they are just looking for you to apply your knowledge correctly instead of just regurgitating info. The questions are generally just the specification reworded but the general content (like the words used) is exactly the same.

Quick Reply

Latest