The Student Room Group

how much does Starbucks pay 16 year olds?

Hi,

I've been hired at Starbucks in a city (so wages should be higher than the small town I live in), and haven't been told the hourly wage yet. I know I'm paid monthly, but everyone I ask (including the store manager of a different store) tells me they don't know, it depends on that particular store.

Does anyone here know what the wage is for 16 year olds at Starbucks? Thank you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
it depends on that particular store.

You answered your own question /thread
They might assume you intend to work for free, since you seem to have to completed the entire recruitment process without once querying what they will give you in return?
Ask your manager, they won't be offended.
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
They might assume you intend to work for free, since you seem to have to completed the entire recruitment process without once querying what they will give you in return?

Haha, maybe :smile: there is a meeting on Wednesday when they were going to discuss it with me, but I emailed my manager and found out instead (since I just got her email address). I was always told not to ask about wages in the interview as apparently it looks bad! I just wanted a rough outlook on what the wages were like before the meeting and if I didn't know what my wage was before then. But thanks!
Original post by Theloniouss
Ask your manager, they won't be offended.

Thanks! I didn't have their email before, but they contacted me so I asked them about it :smile:
Original post by Filthy Communist
You answered your own question /thread

I know haha, posted on here to see if other people worked for starbucks and what their wages were like. Thanks for replying :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest