The Student Room Group

GDL - BPP or City?

Hi,

I am an aspiring barrister and I applied to study the GDL at BPP. I am currently shortlisted for a full-fee scholarship.

After hearing a lot of negative reviews of BPP however, I am unsure whether it is the right university for me to attend, if I want to get the best grades possible.

I have also heard how a lot of aspiring barristers do attend City Law School.

Should I lose my place and my deposit at BPP and apply to City (in the next round)? Many thanks for any help with this!
Original post by legalz
Hi,

I am an aspiring barrister and I applied to study the GDL at BPP. I am currently shortlisted for a full-fee scholarship.

After hearing a lot of negative reviews of BPP however, I am unsure whether it is the right university for me to attend, if I want to get the best grades possible.

I have also heard how a lot of aspiring barristers do attend City Law School.

Should I lose my place and my deposit at BPP and apply to City (in the next round)? Many thanks for any help with this!

All things being equal, I would pick City over BPP although it doesn't really matter much where you do the GDL. However, if you get the full fee scholarship I would take that - BPP has negative reviews I know but it's only a one year course and the qualification is worth the same at the end of the year.
What a coincidence - I just read a post on LinkedIn written by someone who wished they hadn't gone to BPP. I wish I remembered who posted it, I would have linked it!

A big thing that they said was that the timetabling was always messy, whereas City is supposedly better at spacing classes out!
Reply 3
I cannot talk for the GDL, but having just finished my LPC at BPP in Manchester, I can say that the teaching that I received was excellent and I have no regrets about having chosen to go there.
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
All things being equal, I would pick City over BPP although it doesn't really matter much where you do the GDL. However, if you get the full fee scholarship I would take that - BPP has negative reviews I know but it's only a one year course and the qualification is worth the same at the end of the year.

That's true, I guess I am worried that my grades may be negatively affected at BPP. Thank you! This is helpful :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by hopeful-lawyer
What a coincidence - I just read a post on LinkedIn written by someone who wished they hadn't gone to BPP. I wish I remembered who posted it, I would have linked it!

A big thing that they said was that the timetabling was always messy, whereas City is supposedly better at spacing classes out!

Yeah I've seen a fair few of those posts, which has worried me! I had no idea about the timetabling, thanks so much for that! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by CALIBRE8
I cannot talk for the GDL, but having just finished my LPC at BPP in Manchester, I can say that the teaching that I received was excellent and I have no regrets about having chosen to go there.

I'm so glad that you had a good experience, thanks for sharing that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending