The Student Room Group

Clarks interview!!! Tips?

"The format for the Group interview will be 30 minutes where everyone will come together and have the opportunity to introduce themselves and participate in an open discussion.

Following this you will have the opportunity to meet with a member of the management team for a 1-2-1 interview."

what is it like, any tips please! what to wear
I had a clarks interview well over two (maybe almost three) years ago now so not sure what its like during covid. It was a group interview tho and I remember they asked us a bunch of questions about the store like what did we know about it, about ourselves etc. Ans then we had to go around the store and pick a pair of s***s each and have to "sell" it to the interviewer. I remember I picked up some smart flats with a strap that were comfortable and easy to walk in but also smart enough for work.
Just wear some comfy but smart clothing - black s***s, black trousers & a nice smart top.
A great website to look on for more info about other people interviews with them is Glassdoor, defo check it out. Its what I use before any interviews I go to.
Just an FYI - I did not get the job with clarks though so not sure about the 1-2-1
Good luck!!
EDIT: I don't know why it is censoring the word s h o e s ??
(edited 2 years ago)
good luck
Original post by sophbrand31
I had a clarks interview well over two (maybe almost three) years ago now so not sure what its like during covid. It was a group interview tho and I remember they asked us a bunch of questions about the store like what did we know about it, about ourselves etc. Ans then we had to go around the store and pick a pair of s***s each and have to "sell" it to the interviewer. I remember I picked up some smart flats with a strap that were comfortable and easy to walk in but also smart enough for work.
Just wear some comfy but smart clothing - black s***s, black trousers & a nice smart top.
A great website to look on for more info about other people interviews with them is Glassdoor, defo check it out. Its what I use before any interviews I go to.
Just an FYI - I did not get the job with clarks though so not sure about the 1-2-1
Good luck!!
EDIT: I don't know why it is censoring the word s h o e s ??

yeah i was wondering what was being censored, it made it seem like everyone was swearing LOL but its just s h o e s

i was thinking of wearing black chinos with black suit s***s (i do have black high tops https://www.sportsdirect.com/soulcal-asti-hi-mens-trainers-241013#colcode=24101303 like this, not sure if thats appropriate?)

i'll take a look at glassdoor yes and re read it about ten times!!!

ahhh this is so scary and exciting but i should not get too happy yet
Original post by moso2203
yeah i was wondering what was being censored, it made it seem like everyone was swearing LOL but its just s h o e s

i was thinking of wearing black chinos with black suit s***s (i do have black high tops https://www.sportsdirect.com/soulcal-asti-hi-mens-trainers-241013#colcode=24101303 like this, not sure if thats appropriate?)

lol yeah I don't know why its censoring that word

The suit s***s are probably better but the others will probably be fine too though as they're quite simple trainers.
Reply 5

Hi. I would say the black chinos and the shoes seem very smart to me. I'd say black high tops are less smart but as long as you wear a smart outfit it should be fine x

Here is my experience on the clarks interview:
I just had a clarks group interview. So there were only 4 other people at mine and all around my age. So we had two lovely ladies interviewing us. Firstly we had to introduce ourselves ie name, age, what celebrity we'd like to be. Quite awkward but not too bad. Then we were split into groups. So i was with just one other person. Our first task was basically you're lost at sea so then you have to order 15 items from what you believe is most important to least important. This was quite easy and then we had to present our ideas to the other group so be prepared to speak clearly and loudly. Then we did another task which was you get 2 shoes and you have to write down reasons you should give ie the parent to buy the shoe. So we had 2 kid shoes (so cute omg) and we just had to say like they have velcro, quite reasonable price etc. Then we had to present our ideas to the other group. Then we had a 1-1 interview and they just asked us questions like why do you want to work at clarks, how would you show customer service.

I'd like to point out that these tasks and questions could vary depending on what clarks you're applying to but this was my experience. It was truly fine.

Now for clothes I just wore some smart trousers, a smart top and some slip on shoes.

Hope this helps everyone x if you have any more questions please just ask. Good luck!
Original post by Elz15
Hi. I would say the black chinos and the shoes seem very smart to me. I'd say black high tops are less smart but as long as you wear a smart outfit it should be fine x

Here is my experience on the clarks interview:
I just had a clarks group interview. So there were only 4 other people at mine and all around my age. So we had two lovely ladies interviewing us. Firstly we had to introduce ourselves ie name, age, what celebrity we'd like to be. Quite awkward but not too bad. Then we were split into groups. So i was with just one other person. Our first task was basically you're lost at sea so then you have to order 15 items from what you believe is most important to least important. This was quite easy and then we had to present our ideas to the other group so be prepared to speak clearly and loudly. Then we did another task which was you get 2 shoes and you have to write down reasons you should give ie the parent to buy the shoe. So we had 2 kid shoes (so cute omg) and we just had to say like they have velcro, quite reasonable price etc. Then we had to present our ideas to the other group. Then we had a 1-1 interview and they just asked us questions like why do you want to work at clarks, how would you show customer service.

I'd like to point out that these tasks and questions could vary depending on what clarks you're applying to but this was my experience. It was truly fine.

Now for clothes I just wore some smart trousers, a smart top and some slip on shoes.

Hope this helps everyone x if you have any more questions please just ask. Good luck!

ahh thanks! but i had my interview on friday lol

this is what happened:

1- introduce yourself
2- in pairs, given a random shoe - talk about it/sell it
3- go in store and find a similar shoe

the email said we'd have a 1-1 interview afterwards which i was looking for but turns out there wasn't????? smh so misleading

so far i haven't heard back ... its been the weekend and now monday
Reply 7
ahh thanks! but i had my interview on friday lol

this is what happened:

1- introduce yourself
2- in pairs, given a random shoe - talk about it/sell it
3- go in store and find a similar shoe

the email said we'd have a 1-1 interview afterwards which i was looking for but turns out there wasn't????? smh so misleading

so far i haven't heard back ... its been the weekend and now monday

Yh I had my interview on the 23rd of July and still haven't heard from them. There were only 4 other people how hard can the decision be lol. I hope you get the job x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending