The Student Room Group

Do guys care if a girl is a virgin when it comes to casual dating?

Hi so I am a 21yr old female at university and I am still a virgin. I am not religious/looking to wait till I have a boyfriend etc it just hasn’t happened yet. As I’m going on an exchange program in September I only want something casual if anything. Because of this I am wondering if guys care if a girl is a virgin when it’s for casual dating?
I would like to note that I don’t consider my virginity a big deal like wanting to wait for a long time or be super connected with the person, I just have never met someone I like and click with
Some do, some don't. The answer you'll get will be as vague as this.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi so I am a 21yr old female at university and I am still a virgin. I am not religious/looking to wait till I have a boyfriend etc it just hasn’t happened yet. As I’m going on an exchange program in September I only want something casual if anything. Because of this I am wondering if guys care if a girl is a virgin when it’s for casual dating?
I would like to note that I don’t consider my virginity a big deal like wanting to wait for a long time or be super connected with the person, I just have never met someone I like and click with

Some guys would want to marry a virgin, so your value is probably high.
Original post by Wired_1800
Some guys would want to marry a virgin, so your value is probably high.

That sounds so creepy :/
Depends on the individual but personally I don’t care.
no one will care if you’re a virgin. it’s a social construct. try not to worry too much. it’ll happen when it’s meant to happen. It’s best to have sex for the first time with someone you care about and vice versa
Depends on the specific guy.
Some guys have a preference one way or the other, while many don't care at all.
Remember you don't have to mention sexual history if you don't want to.
Depends on the guy
Original post by CountBread
That sounds so creepy :/

It does but it is the truth. Some guys do but they wont mention it because of comments like yours. This could be for religious reasons or personal values.
Original post by londonmyst
Depends on the specific guy.
Some guys have a preference one way or the other, while many don't care at all.
Remember you don't have to mention sexual history if you don't want to.

Some women don't and it could harm them. A lady did not mention her history and her bf dumped her. Now he is married with 3 children and she is 42 and alone. Funny thing was that he just wanted to know, but she created a major issue which led to them being incompatible.
Original post by Wired_1800
Some women don't and it could harm them. A lady did not mention her history and her bf dumped her. Now he is married with 3 children and she is 42 and alone. Funny thing was that he just wanted to know, but she created a major issue which led to them being incompatible.

Hopefully they are both happier now they have gone their separate ways.
Sounds like either they didn't meet each others dealbreakers or he just couldn't cope with a disobedient gf who acted as if it was okay to ignore his hints or avoid answering his direct questions.

I know some people of both biological sexes will view their date or long term partner refusing to answer any questions about sexual history or discuss other elements of their past very negatively.
With these types of differences triggering concerns of insufficient mutual ambitions, shared values or compatibile personalities for a successful relationship.
Concerns that revolve around being secretive, indicative of a personality that lacks trust & respect or a sexual history into the double digits.

But when that happens there are plenty more fish in the dating sea and also the option of being happily single.
I think it is usually best to know at an early stage if a potential date can't handle not having their questions answered, has incompatible dealbreakers or a tendency to obsess over past relationships/get fixated on events decades old.
I don't think it would bother most people. It wouldn't bother me, although I'm not really one for casual things anyway.
Original post by londonmyst
Hopefully they are both happier now they have gone their separate ways.
Sounds like either they didn't meet each others dealbreakers or he just couldn't cope with a disobedient gf who acted as if it was okay to ignore his hints or avoid answering his direct questions.

I know some people of both biological sexes will view their date or long term partner refusing to answer any questions about sexual history or discuss other elements of their past very negatively.
With these types of differences triggering concerns of insufficient mutual ambitions, shared values or compatibile personalities for a successful relationship.
Concerns that revolve around being secretive, indicative of a personality that lacks trust & respect or a sexual history into the double digits.

But when that happens there are plenty more fish in the dating sea and also the option of being happily single.
I think it is usually best to know at an early stage if a potential date can't handle not having their questions answered, has incompatible dealbreakers or a tendency to obsess over past relationships/get fixated on events decades old.

That’s true. I think it is important to understand how to respond to such questions and honesty is always key. A poor approach, in my view, would be to keep the details private and the person’s spouse finds out that they had a colourful past.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending