The Student Room Group

Compelling circumstances

Hi there. Please could someone help me.
In 2014 I started a degree, I completed one year and differed mid second year. I have recently returned to study which I am currently just completing which I was told if I was accepted for compelling circumstances (in which I have evidence for) then I would get this years tuition fee loan gifted and next years paid for.
I started my degree in October 2020 when I sent a cover letter for compelling circumstances to student finance. I never did hear back from them so again beginning of this year I sent this information to them again. I have almost completed this year and still haven't heard back from student finance. I am going to call them this week to find out what is going on, but does anyone know if this will get sorted this late through the year or if student finance will backpay my university the tuition fee for the current year I am just completing.
I am worrying about this as I don't want this to effect 2021/2022 finance or for myself to end up being billed for this.
It seems like student finance just aren't receiving my post.
I also only received my birth certificate back from them this year in April after sending it to them July 2020 .
Do they have a backlog of all their correspondence?
Thank you
Original post by Cazzamazza99
Hi there. Please could someone help me.
In 2014 I started a degree, I completed one year and differed mid second year. I have recently returned to study which I am currently just completing which I was told if I was accepted for compelling circumstances (in which I have evidence for) then I would get this years tuition fee loan gifted and next years paid for.
I started my degree in October 2020 when I sent a cover letter for compelling circumstances to student finance. I never did hear back from them so again beginning of this year I sent this information to them again. I have almost completed this year and still haven't heard back from student finance. I am going to call them this week to find out what is going on, but does anyone know if this will get sorted this late through the year or if student finance will backpay my university the tuition fee for the current year I am just completing.
I am worrying about this as I don't want this to effect 2021/2022 finance or for myself to end up being billed for this.
It seems like student finance just aren't receiving my post.
I also only received my birth certificate back from them this year in April after sending it to them July 2020 .
Do they have a backlog of all their correspondence?
Thank you

Hi Cazza, please can you message us on Facebook or Twitter with your full name and Customer Reference Number, so we can review your account.

Alternatively, if you prefer to call - our number is 0300 100 0607.

Twitter DM Link from Public - http://ow.ly/4Em330nPlau
FB link to Private http://m.me/SFEngland

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending