The Student Room Group

Medicine- list of med schools gcse requirements

There was a list on tsr, I’ve lost it, can anyone link it to me again please
Reply 3
Original post by Ghostface6001
how could I save this

You could bookmark that page or just use the Medicine Wiki page that's on TSR which will answer all of your questions.
Original post by SyedN
You could bookmark that page or just use the Medicine Wiki page that's on TSR which will answer all of your questions.

There’s actually a mistake on there
Reply 5
There’s actually a mistake on there

Sorry, what do you mean?
Original post by SyedN
Sorry, what do you mean?

On the list it states six GCSEs at grade 7, but on the website for Southampton uni it states
BM5 (standard applications) - Applicants must hold 7 GSCEs at grade B/6 or above, including English language,mathematics and either biology and chemistry, combined science, or science and additional science. = 7 GCSEs at grade 6, so that’s the mistake :smile:
It also states no where that there is a 7 in maths needed, so another mistake
Reply 7
On the list it states six GCSEs at grade 7, but on the website for Southampton uni it states
BM5 (standard applications) - Applicants must hold 7 GSCEs at grade B/6 or above, including English language,mathematics and either biology and chemistry, combined science, or science and additional science. = 7 GCSEs at grade 6, so that’s the mistake :smile:
It also states no where that there is a 7 in maths needed, so another mistake

The list was drawn up a couple of years ago and Southampton changed their GCSE criteria late last year. As it says, it is correct as of July 2020, so people need to check for any changes
Original post by GANFYD
The list was drawn up a couple of years ago and Southampton changed their GCSE criteria late last year. As it says, it is correct as of July 2020, so people need to check for any changes

Oh wait so does that mean when I start to apply in year 12 summer, unis could change their gcse requirements?
Reply 9
Oh wait so does that mean when I start to apply in year 12 summer, unis could change their gcse requirements?

What do you think?
Applicants should always check websites for the most up to date info - both Liverpool and Nottingham have announced chages for 2022 entry, probably to counteract the massive grade inflation there was at GCSE due to CAGs for most of this cohort
Original post by GANFYD
What do you think?
Applicants should always check websites for the most up to date info - both Liverpool and Nottingham have announced chages for 2022 entry, probably to counteract the massive grade inflation there was at GCSE due to CAGs for most of this cohort

When will they announce 2023 entry changes, and do I have to keep checking the websites for changes or is there a quicker way
Reply 11
When will they announce 2023 entry changes, and do I have to keep checking the websites for changes or is there a quicker way

Before the 15th October 2022.
You could ask on here and people may know, but as you have already told me I should back off and not challenge your comments on threads, I would not be answering :smile:
As there are so many of you using the same account, you could divvy the meds schools up and check a few websites each - shouldn't take long
Original post by GANFYD
Before the 15th October 2022.
You could ask on here and people may know, but as you have already told me I should back off and not challenge your comments on threads, I would not be answering :smile:
As there are so many of you using the same account, you could divvy the meds schools up and check a few websites each - shouldn't take long

I mean no point me looking now as I’m applying for 2023 entry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending