The Student Room Group

Will A level psychology make you paranoid ?

Bit of an odd question but here it goes-
Does learning about all these mental disorders make you paranoid, let’s say you knew the symptoms of a disorder and you show one symptom of this disorder (which let’s say it doesn’t mean you have this disorder) but won’t you become much more self conscious and paranoid about having mental illnesses as you know many of them in depth?
I didn't personally take A Level psychology, but I don't think that would be the case for most people? Especially with the prevalence/availability of Dr Google these days: it's not like knowledge about psychiatric/psychological conditions is only available via A Level/uni courses :nah: If you see what I mean? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Bit of an odd question but here it goes-
Does learning about all these mental disorders make you paranoid, let’s say you knew the symptoms of a disorder and you show one symptom of this disorder (which let’s say it doesn’t mean you have this disorder) but won’t you become much more self conscious and paranoid about having mental illnesses as you know many of them in depth?

I don't think so, but it might make you feel more qualfied to label your ex a narcissist
No not really lol

Quick Reply

Latest