The Student Room Group

Vlogging advice please!

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience in making vlogs, and any advice on how to get started. I have an iPhone SE2, Macbook, and tripod for my phone, so is there anything I can do with that? I've wanted to start a YouTube channel for ages but always been quite intimidated by editing software and what have you, so any suggestions please?

I'm hoping to get an idea of what to do before results day so I could make a video about that.
Hey! I started a yt channel a few weeks ago and I literally have a phone and that's it, so your phone macbook and tripod are more good. I'd say look at videos/channels that inspire you and look at how they structure their videos etc and there's also loads of videos on how to start a channel aswell, the most important thing I'd say is to just start. Make a profile picture, a banner and get going really. I use Capcut for video editing, not sure if it's available on Macbook but there's loads of alternatives. Most editing apps are pretty self explanatory and there's almost always tutorials on YouTube for specific ones. Hope this helps maybe?
Liv x
Original post by thrivingfrog
Hey! I started a yt channel a few weeks ago and I literally have a phone and that's it, so your phone macbook and tripod are more good. I'd say look at videos/channels that inspire you and look at how they structure their videos etc and there's also loads of videos on how to start a channel aswell, the most important thing I'd say is to just start. Make a profile picture, a banner and get going really. I use Capcut for video editing, not sure if it's available on Macbook but there's loads of alternatives. Most editing apps are pretty self explanatory and there's almost always tutorials on YouTube for specific ones. Hope this helps maybe?
Liv x

This is incredible, thank you! I hadn't even thought about how to set up the channel I was so focused on editing and stuff haha.

I've just been messing about with iMovie tonight and that seems like it'll be alright, but I'll check out Capcut to see which is easier for me :smile:

Thank you so, so much for this!
Original post by ashtolga23
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience in making vlogs, and any advice on how to get started. I have an iPhone SE2, Macbook, and tripod for my phone, so is there anything I can do with that? I've wanted to start a YouTube channel for ages but always been quite intimidated by editing software and what have you, so any suggestions please?

I'm hoping to get an idea of what to do before results day so I could make a video about that.

Hey, Renee Amberg on YouTube has good advice about starting a channel. Also check out Vanesa Lau for YouTube tips :smile:

Best of luck!
Original post by sunshine774
Hey, Renee Amberg on YouTube has good advice about starting a channel. Also check out Vanesa Lau for YouTube tips :smile:

Best of luck!

Thanks for the pointers! Much appreciated.
Renee Amberg

Is she the one that talks about the LOA?
Original post by Qxi.xli
Is she the one that talks about the LOA?

She used to years ago. She doesn't now, she does lifestyle and motivational content.
She used to years ago. She doesn't now, she does lifestyle and motivational content.

I knew the name sounded familiar.
Original post by ashtolga23
This is incredible, thank you! I hadn't even thought about how to set up the channel I was so focused on editing and stuff haha.

I've just been messing about with iMovie tonight and that seems like it'll be alright, but I'll check out Capcut to see which is easier for me :smile:

Thank you so, so much for this!

No problem! And good luck with your channel :smile:
Original post by thrivingfrog
No problem! And good luck with your channel :smile:

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest