The Student Room Group

what should i eat

i’m stuck on what to eat. I’m trying to lose weight and eat 1500-1700 calories a day which is fine. Feel free to drop down food options or recipes. Bare in mind i don’t have extravagant ingredients just waiting in the cupboard
Eat nothing: I've heard that it's super effective for those wanting weight loss.
PLEASE do not do that ^^
Reply 3
Original post by cleveranimal56
Eat nothing: I've heard that it's super effective for those wanting weight loss.

Bdjebdiwb loooool i wish but i cba for that
Original post by Anonymous
Bdjebdiwb loooool i wish but i cba for that

I haven't actually eaten lunch for a month or so, and I find that I don't really need it anymore. Surely, that accounts for weight loss?
Reply 5
I haven't actually eaten lunch for a month or so, and I find that I don't really need it anymore. Surely, that accounts for weight loss?

i mean if that’s what works for you and you’re not starving yourself🤷*♀️i don’t really eat dinner anymore since i’m not that hungry

I’m not an expert but that can be extremely dangerous, so please don’t do it. Even if it’s just an innocent meal skip at first, it can build up and lead to much worse.

So here’s some tips!

- try the keto diet. It’s said to have great weight loss effects, however it may have the opposite results. I just found this link for more info: (not sure how good this quiz thing is so don’t solely reply on it!) https://myketoplan.diet/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12310996209&adgroupid=116436742974&utm_term=what%20to%20eat%20to%20lose%20weight&adpos=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3f6HBhDHARIsAD_i3D9z21J4Ml2rLJWzMqd_RSGBCxr7UFJ4S2AJoX5H7zgrGsazykgrhucaAkr5EALw_wcB.

- another separate tip is that some tried to eat food regularly in intervals of two hours AND they had a regular workout, leading to significant weight loss.

-exercise. This is by far the most important and I know you were asking about what to eat but it’s more likely you’ll see better results if you exercise.

-drink water. This boosts your metabolism by 24%_30% over a period of 1–1.5 hours, which can help you burn off a few more calories

- intermittent fasting- it’s like you have a window where you can eat and can’t eat. Eg the 16:8 method. Here you basically fast for 16 hours, only consuming liquids and then you have a period of time (8 hours in this example) where you can eat. Research to find out more 😊

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not an expert but that can be extremely dangerous, so please don’t do it. Even if it’s just an innocent meal skip at first, it can build up and lead to much worse.

So here’s some tips!

- try the keto diet. It’s said to have great weight loss effects, however it may have the opposite results. I just found this link for more info: (not sure how good this quiz thing is so don’t solely reply on it!) https://myketoplan.diet/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12310996209&adgroupid=116436742974&utm_term=what%20to%20eat%20to%20lose%20weight&adpos=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3f6HBhDHARIsAD_i3D9z21J4Ml2rLJWzMqd_RSGBCxr7UFJ4S2AJoX5H7zgrGsazykgrhucaAkr5EALw_wcB.

- another separate tip is that some tried to eat food regularly in intervals of two hours AND they had a regular workout, leading to significant weight loss.

-exercise. This is by far the most important and I know you were asking about what to eat but it’s more likely you’ll see better results if you exercise.

-drink water. This boosts your metabolism by 24%_30% over a period of 1–1.5 hours, which can help you burn off a few more calories

- intermittent fasting- it’s like you have a window where you can eat and can’t eat. Eg the 16:8 method. Here you basically fast for 16 hours, only consuming liquids and then you have a period of time (8 hours in this example) where you can eat. Research to find out more 😊

Hope this helps :smile:

thank you so much! I’m good with the intemittent fasting and water drinking, I fast unintentionally from like 7pm - 10am or like 8pm - 12 the next day.
keto sounds very long, i’ll look into it once i’m able to do so and i have the finances to support it. i defo need to start exercising but i’m trying to not overwhelm myself. Idm if it’s a gradual change though just by changing my diet
Reply 8
just searched it up and it’s a protein powder kinda thing right? Seems pricey but i’ll definitely look into it when I’ve got the money to try it out. Thanks!

What on earth are you doing? Do you want OP to develop an eating disorder, get sick and even die?
OP do not do that
Maybe you should try keto, it's really good for your body. It's basically a low carb diet
Original post by Moonlight rain
What on earth are you doing? Do you want OP to develop an eating disorder, get sick and even die?
OP do not do that

No, the first post was a joke. The second one is just personal experience. I'm not saying that they have to starve themselves. Skipping lunch just works for me idk.

Quick Reply