The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

MSc Intelligence

Has anyone studied this course that could tell me more about it? How did you find it? What did it entail?

Thanks.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Stb1750
Has anyone studied this course that could tell me more about it? How did you find it? What did it entail?

Thanks.

Hi! @Stb1750

I've just graduated from the University of Portsmouth studying criminology with criminal justice.

In September I will be studying Criminal Justice with Intelligence. I found about the course through my studies at the university and talking to lecturers about further studies.

This is what I found from the module 'Managing Intelligence':
This module provides students with the opportunity to develop the knowledge required to manage the collection, analysis and dissemination of criminal intelligence, and also to manage intelligence professionals. It examines established intelligence models and fundamentals such as the intelligence cycle. It critically assesses the fundamental principles of police intelligence work, providing students with a critical awareness of the intelligence that can be gained from both open and closed intelligence sources. Ethical practice and compliance with human rights legislation, particularly the right to privacy and the right to a fair trial, runs as a thread throughout the whole module.
Module Co-Ordinator: Dr Leah Fox

If you would like to know more than email the course administrator, Rebecca Jackson, [email protected].

I got sent an email a couple of days ago about my course and what it will entail, so hopefully you will too.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending